{insignificant}

***c's pov***

yes, i slammed the door shut, i couldn't understand why. my only thoughts were to catch the next train to boston. it leaves in thirty minutes; don't ask how i know, it's a long story.

I wanted to explain so much to Posey, but there was too much to uncover, i'd been hiding so much the last couple months and I regret it so much. I was never getting her back, I lost her love and affection because of my stupid mistakes and decisions.

as i walked towards the elevators of P's apartment building, i stopped. I needed to apologize to her in some way, without opening that door again. I grabbed my notebook and carelessly ripped out a half-sheet of paper. What would I write? everything i was thinking was wrong or would take too long to explain.

I messed up.

I wrote the simplest thing i could think of and dropped the note between the wooden door frame, hoping she'd find it once she opened the door.

I went on my way towards the elevators and stabbed the down button on the wall; the doors immediately opened. with a 'ding' I pressed the button that would take me to the bottom floor.

I had family in boston, so hopefully they'd give me a chance. I didn't have much money on me, just the fifty dollars I always carried around for emergencies. I had the clothes on my back, I wasn't planning on going home, too chaotic. Mom would ask too many questions, Nathan would be enraged.

so, the best thing was taking the train and hoping for the best. I was leaving behind my life, my everything, because of a stupid mistake that I could have avoided so easily. I hurt my best friend, I crushed her reality and made her pay for it. I yelled at Posey like she was the one that did something, when she did nothing; it was me.

***flashback***

Posey and I met our freshman year of college, and i immediately fell, fell hard. we met at the local coffee shop while i was hanging out with a few of my new friends i had made in the first few weeks of school. I had gotten up to refill my water; i didn't drink coffee, and accidentally bumped into her elbow.

"Oh my gosh," she said as her latte spilled over the side of her cup onto her olive skin.

"My bad, miss, i didn't see you there," I said looking into her eyes. She did her best not to make eye contact with mine.

"It's okay, perfectly fine," she said glancing over my shoulder.

"what'd you have? i'll pay for another," i said begging for her to let me talk to her a little longer.

"No, no, really, not much was lost, i'll survive," she said giving me a slight smirk. And that's when i had to know her name. I had to at least be a speck in this girl's memories.

"well, since you won't let me do that, can i at least have your name?" It was the cheesiest thing my mouth had ever uttered, but it somehow worked. She offered me a sideways glance.

"Posey," she said finally connecting her eyes with mine. Blue, they were blue.

"well, posey, it was a pleasure bumping into you. I'm char," i said with a smile. I later learned this was her favorite part of me, my smile, but i couldn't sense that now.

"Short for Charlie?"

I smiled, "actually no, my legal name is char, it's on my birth certificate."

"Interesting, i like it," she said dropping her eyes to the floor.

"Maybe i'll see you around?" I asked trying my best not to sound desperate to see her face again.

"Yeah, sure," she said smiling.

"Alright," i said containing myself from jumping up and down.

"Well, my friends are waiting," she said looking over my shoulder again.

"See you soon, Posey."

"Goodbye, char."

and that was our first encounter and easily the best day of my life.

**********

Now, today three and a half years later, almost completely  finished with my college career, that day was still clear to me. It was everything but this one thing,

insignificant.

*********
howdy!! how are you guys liking it? please let me know! i'm at working with my mom today, that's why there's so many updates coming.
hope you enjoy them(:
xxxx