{november second}

***p's pov***

I couldn't just sit there the rest of the night i had to do something besides being cooped up inside of this musty apartment. My apartment wasn't the best or nicest one in Princeton, just enough to get a couple college students through without emptying their pockets. i got up from the floor and grabbed my keys, the only thing i needed to leave this place. i needed to get out before my thoughts consumed me.

My depression had gotten better since coming to college. the new environment and people really did change my mood, just like my mother said it would. My biggest saving grace was Char, whether i liked to believe it or not.

We met at out local coffee shop, Jack's, about a month into our college careers. He was really cheesy, trying to talk to me, but it's what made me fall for him. i knew right away that he was nervous, but outgoing. i even remember what he was wearing the day we met; a stripped t-shirt, khakis, and a pair of dress shoes, along with his circular glasses.  And later, after we got a lot closer, I told him it was all i could do not to follow him out of the coffee shop. I wanted to get to know him better, and i'd never wanted to do that with anyone else.

He meant the world to me. he helped me through a very dark place in my life and didn't even bat an eye. He helped me in ways he didn't even know yet. I racked my brain trying to think of all the reasons he would leave like this, but i couldn't come up with anything logical. none of it made any sense to me. Char wasn't this type of person, I've known him for almost four years and he'd never raised his voice at me, not once. When he did, it was the scariest thing i've ever heard. Not even my own father yelled at me like that. He'd have to have reason behind the anger. Couldn't he?

I locked my door behind me and took the stairs to my car that was in the basement of my apartment building. I needed to talk to someone who would listen. And that wouldn't be Jess, she's the one that got us into this mess. But it wasn't her fault, she just wouldn't understand what i was needing to say. I needed my mother, my best friend, the one i used to tell everything to.

it hadn't been a year yet. i lost her on march 23. It's only november 2nd.

i got in my car and slammed the door. I was angry. angry at my mother for leaving me. angry at my father for being distant. angry at jess for telling me what char did. angry at char for yelling and screaming at me. but most of all, i was angry at myself, for letting myself be this upset.

there was only one person i could think of that i wasn't upset with. the only one i knew would understand. my grandmother.

i started driving without really thinking where i was going, which didn't serve me well.

the last thing i saw were headlights.

*****
what do you think happened to posey's mom? what about her?
do you like the plot so far?
xxx