Your True Self

Start bij het begin

"Hey, Alix, how are you?"

"Hey, Marinette! Petty good. Looking for Kim. Seen him?"

"I think he just walked in. Did Kim ask you to the dance??" Marinette asked, kind of shocked.

Alix looked slightly embarrassed. "Yeah we've been hanging out a lot, and I think we may make it a thing... Possibly tonight."

"Kim is going to be your boyfriend??"

Alix covered her lips. "Shhhhhh! No one knows! Keep it on the down low would ya?"

"Oh sorry, of course!" Marinette said giggling.

"Okay I'm heading inside. Good luck with Adrien!" Alix said winking and walking in.

Marinette sighed. "Where is he?"

Rose noted her and walked over. "Are you looking for Adrien? I just saw him walk inside."

"Oh you did? I must have missed him... Thanks, Rose! You look adorable by the way!"

"Thanks!" she said grinning. She did have a beautiful pink ballgown on.

"Well back inside we go..."

***********************

Adrien looked high and low in the lobby and saw Nino and Alya walking into an elevator. He ran over and managed to get inside before the doors closed.

"Adrien! I thought you went outside to meet Marinette!" Alya exclaimed.

"I did but I was told she was inside. She must be somewhere upstairs."

"Weird we didn't see her." Nino mumbled.

They arrived at the ballroom floor and got out. Several couples were dancing and many others were chatting and laughing.

"Shall I have this dance?" Nino asked Alya with a little bow.

She laughed. "It would be a pleasure, young man!"

Adrien sighed as he watched them go.  Where could Marinette be? "Maybe she's hiding from you." snickered Plagg.

"Shut up," he whispered.

He saw someone look at him strangely so he moved away. He walked around for a bit and then Ladybug entered the room...

******************

Marinette was about to give up... Everyone apparently had seen Adrien... But she must be blind! What kind of guy would totally miss his date waiting on him?

She saw Nino and Alya dancing and she smiled slightly. At least her best friend was having fun.

She then caught Cat's eyes and she saw awe there. She suddenly felt very self conscious.

He walked up to her and gave a gallant bow. "Seems as if your date hasn't shown up yet. Would you mind if I took this dance?"

She sighed. "Well, it couldn't hurt."

He grinned and then led her to the dance floor.

**********************

Adrien felt how awkward Ladybug felt, but she didn't seem unwilling. He took heart at that as he took her into his arms.

As they started to waltz, he could tell she was surprised. "I didn't know you could dance, Cat!"

"Well, my father couldn't have a son who couldn't dance!" he said grinning.

He saw Alya look at ladybug and wink giving a thumbs up.

"Why do I feel like everyone is staring?"