Last Chance

Ugh, Alya... It's almost the end of senior year... And I haven't told Adrien how I feel about him... I'm a total loser..." Marinette sighed putting her head on her friend's shoulder as they sat in their chemistry class.

"Well, not a total loser... You picked me for your best friend." Alya said, pushing her head back and winking at her.

"Be serious, Alya! We only have a month left! What am I going to do???" she said holding her hands up in the air and then collapsing on the desk.

"What's wrong with you, Marinette?" came a voice.

She jerked her head up and saw Adrien looking at her somewhat concerned. "Oh, Adrien!"

"She's being an idiot sandwich is what she's being." giggled Alya.

"Alya!"

Alya winked at her again and grinned mischievously. "Hey, Adrien, are you going to the prom?"

"The prom? I guess I haven't thought about it..." Adrien said, stroking his chin.

"You should ask me, Adri-kins!!" barged in Chloe, almost strangling him in a neck hug. Her blonde hair perfectly sculpted to her head flashed in the sunlight.

Adrien laughed awkwardly as he pried Chloe off him. "I'll think about it, Chloe."

"So you haven't asked anyone to the dance?" Alya said conspiratorially.

"Ah no.." Adrien said rubbing the back of his head.

"Well, Marinette doesn't have a date either do you, Marinette?"

Marinette's eyes grew in panic. "What?? I... Uh..."

"You don't?" Adrien asked looking genuinely surprised.

"I... Yeah.. Uh I mean no..."

"Why don't you ask her, dude?" Nino said jabbing Adrien in the ribs.

"No, he's going with me!" declared Chloe, jealousy burning in her eyes as she held Adrien's arm protectively.

"Guys..." Adrien said looking very uncomfortable.

"Don't mind Alya..." Marinette said. "She likes to stick her nose where it doesn't belong..." she said low enough for only Alya to hear.

"Attention class! Please take a seat!" said the teacher interrupting them.

Everyone sat down and Marinette glanced at Adrien who looked very contemplative. She sighed and looked down, missing his glance back at her.

Adrien looked back down at his notes. He loved his friends, and he had always enjoyed hanging out with Marinette... But there was only one woman who held his heart and there was no chance she would go with him. So should he ask another girl? He sighed.

When class got out, Nino caught up with Adrien and put his arm around him. "Dude, you look down. What's wrong?"

"Unrequited love..."

"What?! Adrien is in love? When did this happen, man?"

Adrien sighed. "It's been almost three years..."

"Three years and you're just now telling me? Dude what am I, chopped liver?"

Adrien shook his head. "She doesn't love me back, Nino... It wasn't worth talking about it."

"Have you told her how you feel?"

"Well, no... But she doesn't have to say anything. Her actions are loud and clear..."

"Dude, you gotta tell her!"

"I've tried... So many times..."

"I can't believe you don't have this woman falling at your feet! Every other girl is head over heals for you, man..."

"They are?"

"Dude, are you blind?? You're a famous magazine model! They fall all over themselves when they talk to you!"

"But that's just because of my looks... They don't like me for me..."

"Dude, I just had the most amazing idea! Why don't you see if you can make your lady jealous?? Ask another girl out!"

"I don't know man... I don't know if that would make a difference."

"Hey you don't know till you try. And if she can't be swayed by jealousy... Perhaps she's not the one for you, man. And I know you enjoy Marinette's company."

"I just can't imagine being with anyone else."

"Just who is this girl?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Whatever you say man. But I would at least try my idea. This is your last chance before high school ends!"

"Yeah I guess you're right."

The guys saw Chloe starting to make her way towards him in a very determined manner. "Uh, dude, you might want to ask her quick before Chloe doesn't give you a choice."

Across the yard, Alya and Marinette watched their friends intense discussion with great curiosity.

"Wonder what they're talking about so seriously?" Marinette wondered aloud.

"Who knows. But you know, girl, this is your chance! Your last chance actually! You should totally ask Adrien to the prom!!" Alya exclaimed, shaking her shoulders.

"Ma.. Ma... Me???"

"Yes, YOU!!"

"No way! Could you see me now? I would totally fall flat on my face and turn bright red like a tomato!!"

"Girl, if you don't tell him now how you feel, when will you ever get the chance again??"

Marinette hated to admit it, but she was right. Even if they happened to go to the same college, they may never see each other. When would she ever get this same opportunity?

"I guess you're right... I just... It would be easier if he asked me..."

"Ahem."

She whirled around and gasped when she saw Adrien. "Aay... Aay... Adrien. Hey. What's up?"

"I... Uh have a question. Would you mind going to the prom with me?"

Alya closed her gaping mouth and elbowed her in the gut. "Marinette..." she said under her breath.

"Uh yeah sure, I'd love to!"

"Great, we can figure out the details later! See ya, Marinette! Alya!"

"See ya!" Alya said waving and giving Marinette a look as she grinned like an idiot and waved.

"Did... Did Adrien Agreste just ask me to the prom???"

"Yes girl, he totally did!!"

They shouted and jumped in excitement.

"Come on! This calls for celebration! My parents just made a fresh batch of croissants!!" said Marinette grabbing her friend's hand and running for the bakery.

This was turning out to be an awesome year!!