Rumors

*Author's note: Hey guys! I hope you all are enjoying the story! Just thought I'd drop a quick note and tell you how much I've been enjoying writing this fan fic and thank you for reading! Feel free to leave comments and suggestions! And votes are always appreciated! You guys are the best!*

Marinette walked into class the next time to see everyone chattering and snickering over their phones. She noted Alya waving frantically at her.

"What's going on, Alya??" she whispered.

"See for yourself..." Alya said handing her phone over.

Marinette covered her mouth in shock when she saw the video of her, well Ladybug, kissing Adrien! "What?? Who shot this video??"

"Apparently Nino did it..." Alya said glaring down at him talking with Kim in the seats below.

"And he published it?? Why would he do that??"

"Beats me girl..."

"Has Adrien seen this??"

"Don't know. He hasn't come in yet."

"Do you think they're going out??" Marinette overheard Rose whispering to Jeluka.

"Dude, Adrien is the man!" Kim was telling Nino.

"Well, technically he was akumatized... But he would totally kiss Ladybug if he had the chance." Nino replied matter of factly.

Marinette felt her cheeks turning red and Alya noted the look on her face. "Girl, if I didn't know any better, I would say you were pleased!"

As if on cue, Adrien walked in and the classroom got silent. Kim ran back to his seat while punching Adrien on the shoulder as if to say "way to go man!"

Marinette could tell he knew something was up. He whispered, "Nino, what's going on??"

"Um... I may have posted that video of you kissing Ladybug..."

"What?!"

He glanced at Marinette but was surprised to see her blushing. Was she pleased that he had kissed Ladybug? That made no sense... She was avoiding his eyes and suddenly Adrien felt conflicted about liking Ladybug and now facing strange feelings for Marinette... He couldn't like both of them could he? What if they were the same person like he had suspected the day before? No way... They were so very different... Weren't they?

"Look man, I'm sorry! I just couldn't help it! Looks kinda like Ladybug enjoyed it herself..."

Adrien grabbed his phone and watched it himself. This was the first time he had seen it, and it did indeed look like Ladybug enjoyed it... His heart hammered. Did Ladybug really like him? Why him but not Cat Noir?

"Alright class, please sit down and quiet!" Ms. Bustier called walking into the room.

Everyone hushed and waited to see what she would say. "Today we start our project presentations. And that means all phones need to be put away or we'll be making a trip to the principle's office..."

Everyone quickly secreted their phones into their bags but continued to look at Adrien out of the corner of their eyes.

The first team to present was Chloe and Sabrina. As always everyone could tell Sabrina had done all the work and Chloe just read from a script. But they all clapped at the end anyway.

A few more partners presented and then it was Marinette and Adrien's turn to present. Marinette felt herself getting super nervous... Not because she was afraid of presenting, but because it was Adrien she was doing it with. What if she tripped and made a mess of everything?? Adrien would hate her!