Matchmaker

Marinette and Alya sat outside in the courtyard the next day when Alya randomly screams in frustration.

"Alya?! What's wrong?" Marinette asked worriedly.

"That's it! I can't take it anymore!"

"Can't take what anymore??"

"I'm going to do it! I'm going to ask Nino to the dance!" Alya proclaimed standing up.

"Wait! You're telling me he hasn't asked you yet??"

"Right?! And I'm tired of waiting around! Where is he?!" Alya asked glaring down anyone who walked nearby.

"Are you sure about this?" Marinette asked standing up alongside her friend.

"You bet I am! The coward won't ask me himself, so I guess I'm going to have to woman up and ask him!"

"I mean... You might want to calm down first..." Marinette said trying to ease her friend.

Suddenly they both saw Adrien and Nino walking out of the boys locker room.

"Alya! Wait!" Marinette called but was too late as Alya was already marching over to them.

They both stopped in their tracks when they saw Alya approaching, eyes blazing.

"Oh hey, Alya... I was just looking for you..." Nino said rubbing the back of his head and looking away. Adrien elbowed his friend and nodded towards Alya.

"No first you listen! I am tired of waiting so I'll ask! Will you go to the prom with me?" she asked directly.

Nino and Adrien both blanched at her but Adrien laughed and elbowed his friend yet again. "Well answer her, dumby."

"I.. Uh... Yeah sure..."

"Okay good. Now I'm planning on wearing orange so dress accordingly. No excuse me I gotta go." And she stormed off.

Marinette had just reached her when she asked Nino and she looked awkwardly at the guys. Adrien smiled at her warmly and she felt a lump in her throat. "Sorry about that, Nino... I tried to calm her down..."

"No it's alright, Marinette... I should have asked her weeks ago... I just couldn't get the guts..." Nino said bashfully.

"Speaking of the prom... Marinette, did you find the colors you wanted?" Adrien asked her somewhat bashfully himself.

"Ah yes! Here's a color swatch!" she said slightly embarrassed as she handed him pieces of fabric.

"Wait, don't tell me you're making your own dress??"

She laughed nervously. "Yeah I am... Promise not to laugh when you see it?"

"Laugh? I'm sure everyone won't be able to take their eyes off you!" Adrien said grinning.

Marinette blushed deeply. "What... Oh.. No.. I'm sure that won't be the case... I Uh... Gotta go..." she said quickly and made a run for it.

"Was it something I said?" Adrien asked Nino.

Nino shrugged and they both watched her run out of the school.

Marinette found Alya standing outside shaking slightly.

"Well," Marinette started coming up to her friend, "that's one way to ask a guy out."

Alya grasped her friend's shoulders and looked terrified. "M, did I just do that??"

Marinette grinned. "Yeah. But it worked! Nino told me he had meant to ask you but couldn't get the guts. So you made the right call."

"I must have looked like an idiot! I'm so embarrassed!"