Your True Self

"Is that you, Ladybug??"

Marinette looked up surprised to see... Cat Noir?

"Cat?! I wasn't expecting to recognize you... Or you recognize me for that matter..."

"Well you look exactly like yourself... And your hair is the same the last time I saw you... And the mask... Just black with red spots..." he trailed off laughing and feeling like he was blushing...

She giggled embarrassed. "Yeah I guess you're right..."

"You Um, look beautiful... M'lady."

"Thank you... You look dashing, Cat."

They both stood there awkwardly for a moment.

"I Uh, need to find my date... See you later, Cat." she said waving and heading inside.

He sighed. Plagg snickered and flew out. "Boy oh boy... You got it bad."

"Plagg, hide! What if someone sees you?"

"So what, I'll come up with something. But did you see Ladybug? She looks drop dead gorgeous in that dress!"

"Yeah... And coming with someone else tonight..." he said sadly.

"You could always drop Marinette and steal Ladybug from whoever she's with tonight."

"Plagg! What an awful thing to say!"

Plagg sighed, "Fine. So when should Marinette get here?"

"Any moment now..."

***************************
Marinette walked in the lobby and found it looked magical! Dangling lights and flowers all over! It was so romantic!

She saw lots of people talking and laughing. The neat part of this dance was that it was multileveled. The lobby was a meeting place and snacks, the restaurant was food, the ballroom for dancing, and the roof for hanging out.

"Marinette!"

She turned to see Alya and Nino waving her over. "Hey guys! Have you seen Adrien anywhere?"

"Adrien? I saw him outside! Did you not see him?"

"No... I must have missed him. But there were a lot of people arriving... Let me go find him."

She left and headed back outside.

*************************

Adrien saw Kim walking out and waved.

"Hey Adrien, my man! Saw you kissed Ladybug! How was it??" Kim said coming over and elbowing him.

"I honestly don't remember..." Adrien said laughing embarrassed.

"Yeah Nino said so. That's unfortunate. Something tells me she's a good kisser." he said winking at him.

"Yeah well, I'm waiting for Marinette right now..." he couldn't very well tell Kim Ladybug was here..

"Marinette? I saw her inside."

"Really? Maybe she came early. Okay thanks, Kim." he said waving and heading inside.

***********************

Marinette walked outside and stood to the side as she saw Cat walk past. Her heart was hammering... But she realized it was at the thought of talking to Cat tonight, not being with Adrien. This was insane! He looked like he was looking for someone. His date she guessed?

She stood awkwardly outside and looked around. Adrien was often late as well, but she knew he had a better excuse than she did with all his modeling gigs. She noted Alix walking in and waved her over.