Investigation

Marinette walked into the school library and noted Alya working intently at a table nearby. She smiled and walked quietly over and peered over her shoulder. She gasped when she saw what she was working on.

Alya turned quickly. "Oh it's just you, Marinette! You scared me!"

"What are you doing, Alya?? Is that Adrien?? And are you drawing a mask on him??"

"Shhhhhhhhhh... Are you trying to yell it out to the whole school??" whispered Alya rather loudly herself.

"What are you thinking, Alya??"

Alya pulled her down to sit next to her. "I have a theory that Adrien is Cat Noir!"

"What?!?" Marinette practically shouted.

"Shhhhhh... Seriously! You have no subtlety at all do you?"

"But why Adrien?? There's no way!"

"Look at this, M! If you draw on a black suit and mask with green eyes, what do you get??" exclaimed Alya drawing over a picture of Adrien.

Marinette picked it up and looked closely at it. "No way, he looks nothing like Cat Noir."

"Think about it! He always disappears during an akuma attack, he's always late, and he's secretive!"

"So! I'm late all the time too!"

"Let me guess, you're Ladybug?"

Marinette's eyes had a brief flash of terror. "What? Me?? Girl!"

Alya laughed "Just kidding! There's no way you could possibly be her!"

Marinette looked slightly peeved but grinned and rubbed the back of her head embarrassed.

"Come on, next time there's an akuma attack, let's keep an eye on Adrien!"

Marinette sighed. "Fine. But there's no way he could be Cat. He's too suave to be that lame."

They heard screams from outside and ran out to see another akuma victim. Marinette almost bowled over when she realized it was Nadia Schamat! Her ratings had gone down significantly in the last few weeks, but was it this bad?! She looked like she had TV screens all over her body. And her victims were acting like they were in an interview.

"I am Interviewer! I will attain the best new stories as well as Ladybug and Cat Noir's miraculous!!" she cackled.

Marinette and Alya noticed Adrien and Nino nearby. "Come on! Let's hide with them!" declared Alya, grabbing her by the hand and dragging her towards the boys.

"Alya! I have to go home and check on my parents! I don't have time to babysit them!" she protested.

"You come now or we'll regret it!" Alya responded ignoring her.

"Guys! Let's find a place to run!" Alya said when they reached them.

"Uh I gotta go... Check and see if there's anyone inside," said Adrien stuttering.

"There's no one left inside promise. Come on, let's go hide!" Alya ordered dragging everyone to the side.

"Let's hide in that coffee shop over there!" Nino said pointing to the store across the way.

They all ran inside the shop and crouched near the window.

"Now we just gotta wait on Ladybug! She'll be here to save the day for sure!" Alya whispered.

"What about Cat Noir?" Marinette asked eyebrow raising.

"Yeah what about Cat Noir?" Adrien asked crossing his arms.