Volpina Returns

Back in class, Marinette sighed. Adrien was sitting right in front of her like always, but now something was different. He glanced back at her and waved slightly. She grinned and waved back. Alya rolled her eyes and elbowed her in the ribs. "Ow!"

"Stop daydreaming, everyone is watching you!" she whispered urgently.

She was right. Everyone was watching, including Lila who had a scowl on her face. Chloe just watched with indifference.

Marinette's face blushed bright red and she went to study her book intensely.

After class, she was in the bathroom washing her hands, and she turned to see Lila staring her down. "Just who do you think you are? Just because Adrien Agreste asked you to the prom doesn't mean he actually likes you. I think he's just trying to make me jealous."

Marinette felt the familiar feeling of irritation welling up inside her. "Fine, even if that's so, he still asked me, not you. Now please leave me alone."

She ran out of the bathroom and almost ran straight into Adrien himself. "Oh... Uh... Sorry, Adrien. I wasn't watching where I was going."

"You seem upset. You okay?"

"Uh yeah... I guess Lila and I just don't get along..." she said, eyeing Adrien closely.

"I wonder why that is. You're such a kind person, Marinette."

She wanted to straight out ask him what he felt for Lila, but she couldn't get the guts to try.

Suddenly the door opened behind them. They both exhaled sharply when they saw the fake Volpina.

"Step away from him you fake! You don't deserve him! I do!"she yelled throwing her flute at them.

"I don't think so!" said a new figure jumping out from behind them and whacking the flute away with her own.

"Who are you?!" they both cried simultaneously.

A girl with dark hair and an orange mask and matching fox outfit turned to them and grinned. "I'm the actual Volpina. Chosen by the master himself. You guys run and hide. I'll take care of this fake!"

"How dare you!" yelled fake Volpina indignantly running at her in a rage.

"We... Better take her advice," said Adrien grabbing her hand and running towards the exit.

"I think we're safe here," said Marinette once outside.

"I think you're right. Will you be okay here? I need to go check... On Nino..."

"Yeah, of course," Marinette replied already looking for a place to transform.

Adrien ran off and she ran to an alcove nearby. "Tikki, spots on!"

She ran out of the alcove to find Volpina and fake Volpina going at it like two cats. Speaking of cats, Cat Noir had just shown up on the scene as well.

"Nice of you two to show up! Could use a little help!" cried Volpina noticing them.

"Mice to meet you, I'm Cat Noir!" he said whacking away several hits as he came to stand next to her.

"Hey! I'm Volpina! Nice to meet you too."

"Hey! I'm Ladybug. Let's take this villain down once and for all!"

Volpina dropped her flute and fangirled. "Ladybug! I've been dreaming of this day like FOREVER!!" she said giving her a giant hug.

"Woah woah. Only I get to hug her like that..." said Cat Noir pushing her forehead back.