Chapter 23: Explain

Emily's POV

It's been a week and tomorrow they are finally letting me go home. I'm so relieved, yet I feel weird going home. Demi said I moved in with her, but I couldn't ask anything about it because she hasn't visited me since that kiss. I still think about it all the time. I even dream about it.

It's so weird, because I remember being straight. But I don't remember a few months of my life so something could have happened right? It's really frustrating that she hasn't visited me, because I have SO many questions.

Her mom visited me once though. She told me to stay strong and told me that eventually all the pieces will fall into place. What's that supposed to mean? I tried to ask Sam what's going on, but she said that I should ask Demi. 

How am I supposed to ask Demi if I possibly never see her again? Do you get it now why I have a headache everyday? Everyone is making my life so difficult by not telling me what I missed in those few months.

My mom and dad are acting really suspicious. Everytime I ask them about it, they try to change the subject or they just ignore me. Did I do something to them? Or did they do something to me?

But other than all the mental suffering. I'm doing pretty well physically. I have physical therapy everyday and my arms work properly again. My legs still need some work, but they say I'll be out of the wheelchair in about 3 weeks.

I still can't believe how all of this happened. I could've died in the car accident. Something like that makes you think about your life. Maybe I should appreciate my life more and stop thinking about all the negative things. I still feel really insecure about my body, but not everything about me is hideous... I think.

My face is a bit messed up by but I don't think it wil scar that bad. They try to feed me their hospital shit here, but that's not going to work. I'm in a wheelchair, which means no exercise, which means getting fat. So in order to not gain weight I'll just don't eat.

They don't notice it though, because I throw my food in the toilet and no one has ever found out. I can't wait till tomorrow, so I can finally leave this hellhole. I'm tired of seeing the same four walls all day and the smell is also making me feel sick. It's not that it smells bad. It's just a hospital smell, which makes me think of sick people. 

***

I was woken up by a nurse telling me to eat my breakfast. Yuck, how do they expect anyone to eat this. I gently lowered myself in my wheelchair and brought my food to the bathroom. I watched as it flushed away. *cough* 

I turned around and see Demi standing behind me. Shit. ''uhmm... Oops?'' I said embarassed. ''Let me guess, you accidentily dropped your food in the toilet and it magically flushed away?'' she said sarcastically. ''Well you didn't expect me to eat the food I accidentily dropped in the toilet. I mean it already tastes like shit, that doens't mean I'm going to eat it like shit.''

I tried to roll my wheelchair past her, but she was blocking the way ''can you like.. move?'' I asked her. She stepped aside and I rolled back to my bed. I tried to get in, but it is a lot harder than you think with legs that don't work as well as they should. ''Here let me help you'' Demi said as she tried to help me.

I pushed her off ''no I can do this, it just takes time!'' I said stubbornly. She backed away a little and I tried it again. I miserably failed and almost hit the floor. Demi ran to me and lifted me on the bed. ''I could've done it you know.'' I said to her. ''I know, I just hate to see you get hurt.''

''Sooo.. What are you doing here? I mean I haven't seen you in a week.'' I asked her. ''I heard you were going home today and I wanted to bring you to my house to get your stuff.'' she said looking a bit sad.