Chapter 20: Hospital

Emily's POV

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Demi smiling at me with tears in her eyes. ''Babe what's wrong?'' I said. Oh my gosh I'm an idiot. ''You're awake! And alive! I thought you were never going to wake up.'' she says while crying. ''Sshh it's okay, I'm okay!'' I said, I tried to move my hand so I could touch her face, but that didn't work.

I felt myself panic, only now I had noticed that I can't feel my legs and my arms feel so heavy I can barely move them. My breathing got heavy and I wanted to scream. Am I paralyzed? ''Em, please you need to calm down, match my breathing.'' I tried to, but everytime I remembered that I can't feel my legs and I started to panic again.

''I-i can't f-feel my legs!'' I said while sobbing. ''Baby I'm going to get the doctor, wait here!'' she said and I started to giggle. ''What?'' she asked. ''Uhm Demetria I can't feel my legs how am I supposed to go anywhere...'' I said while raising my eyebrow. ''Oh... right'' she smiled innocently and left to get a doctor. 

Sam came in a few seconds later together with my mom and dad. Sam came running towards me and hugged me ''YES YOU'RE AWAKE'' she screamed. ''I am aware, can you please not kill me? You're kinda suffocating me..'' I said. ''Oh oops, yes''. My parents just stood there awkwardly smiling at me. 

I didn't know whether I should start a conversation or just wait until they would say something, but then Demi came in with the doctor. He walked towards me and asked me how I was feeling. ''Uhm kinda shitty?'' I said. ''Are you in pain?'' He asked. ''No, I just.. I-i can't feel my legs'' I said as I started to cry again.

Sam and Demi held my hands to comfort me, but it wasn't working, because I could barely feel their touch and that made everything worse. The doctor was touching my legs up to my knee and I couldn't feel any of it, then he touched my thigh and it felt really painful ''AAAW''. ''Did you feel that?'' He asked. ''No I just screamed out of nowhere because I can'' I said sarcastically. 

''Oh uhm so do you feel this?'' he asked while he was poking my thighs on different places. ''Yes now can you please stop, because that hurts A LOT'' ''Alright'' he wrote something on a writing pad. Then he asked ''and how about your arms? How do they feel?''. ''Really really heavy, I can barely move them or use my hands'' I said. He did the same thing to my arms what he did to my legs and I could feel everything. It also didn't hurt as much. He wrote something down again.

The rest of the day I was being examined and at the end of the day I had a cast around my left leg and my left arm. Apparently I also broke a few ribs, but they couldn't do anything about that. My head was bandaged since I had a huge cut from the glass in it. I looked like a monster and I'm not exaggerating.  

The doctor also said that my legs were temporarily paralyzed, but as soon as my broken leg was healed I would get physical therapy and I would be able to walk again eventually. My parents didn't say much, they basically just stood there and watched the whole time. They would sometimes ask me how I was feeling and that would be it.

A nurse came in to tell us that visitor hours were over and everyone had to leave. My parents said goodbye and that they would come back tomorrow and left. Sam hugged me and left with my parents. Demi just stood there not wanting to leave me. ''Babe you have to go'' I said. ''No, I don't want you to be all alone, I want to stay with you!'' she said pouting

''Well I don't want you to leave either, but what are you going to do? Hide under my bed?'' I said as a joke. The next thing I know Demi is lying under my bed giggling. ''Demetria you are not doing this right now'' ''Well Emily, I clearly am, aren't I?'' and as I was t hinking of something witty to reply, the nurse came in.

''Oh everyone left already?'' she asked. ''Uh.. yes?'' I said more as a question. ''Push the button next to your bed if you need anything or something is wrong, okay?'' the nurse asked. ''Okay'' and then she left. Demi came out under my bed and grinned widely. ''So I guess we're having a sleepover then?'' and with that Demi got in the bed with me.

Demi's POV

I was looking at Emily while she was sleeping. I am so glad that she woke up and that she's going to be okay. I didn't realize how much I actually love this girl until this happened. I don't know what I would've done if she didn't make it. She looks so cute when she's sleeping, if you forget about the gigantic bandage around her head.

''Demi stop staring it creeps me out.'' Emily suddenly said. ''Huh what I thought you were sleeping?''. ''I can't sleep, my head hurts and everytime I close my eyes I see that truck in front of me..'' she shivered. ''Babe are you cold? Maybe we should get the doctor he could give you painkillers or something.'' I said worried.

''No I'm fine, can you just.. hold me?'' I moved closer to her and she placed her head in the crook of my neck. After a few minutes she looked up to me and she said ''Demi?''. ''Yeah baby?'' 

''I love you'' and then she kissed me. ''I love you too'' I said and then she fell asleep in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: I know it's short! But I didn't want to make you guys wait any longer. I don't really know where I'm going with the story so I really need your help. What do you guys want to happen?

Should I focus on Demily and romance and stuff? And what should I do with her parents? I just really need some ideas so I know what direction I'm going in with the story, because right now I absolutely don't know.

So please please comment or inbox me all your ideas. And thank you for reading it seriously means a lot to me! 

Don't forget to vote ;)