Chapter 4: Surprise

I woke up the next morning happy I didn't have to go to school, because it was saturday. I looked at the clock and it said 9 am. That means I can sleep another few hours I thought to myself. I tried to go back to sleep when I remembered about the job I wanted to get. So I decided I should get up, dress nice and go find that job.

I wore something that looked pretty decent so I went out on the street. The first place I wanted to go to was Starbucks, because I saw they needed someone there. I walked to the door when I saw all the popular girls from school sitting there. No way that I was going to get in there! They never liked me even though they didn't even know me.. So I left and kept walking till I saw a nice café. 

A woman who looked like she was 50 or so greeted me and she asked me what I would like to have. "Are you hiring people'' I asked a bit shy. ''Well I work here on my own, but I could always use a hand, my name is Grace'' She said and smiled at me. Wow she was so nice! ''Hi I'm Emliy'' I said. She asked me a couple of questions and then she said "You can start today just to try it, if we both think it's a good idea I'll hire you'' ''Thank you so much!'' I said and I immediately wanted to start.

It was not very busy, there were a few people but mostly I was just standing behind the cash register waiting for someone to pay. When suddenly the door openend. I didn't look up at first, because I was lost in my thoughts, but then I heard a cough and I looked up.

"H-h-hello'' I tried to say something useful, but how could I when freaking DEMI LOVATO was standing right in front of me! She smiled at me and I felt that I was blushing. "Hey don't be shy'' she said and smiled even more at me. Gosh she was so beautiful I got lost in her eyes and then remembered that I had to take her order. "W-would you l-like something to d-drink?'' I asked. ''Just a coffee that'll be it''. 

I walked to the coffee machine, but I was still in shock so I accidentily pushed a button and there was coffee everywhere. Oh my gosh I can't believe this is happening right now, I felt so emberassed and I didn't even dare to turn around. Grace walked in and tried to help me clean up the mess. She didn't ask me anything and then she gave Demi her coffee.

I went to the bathroom feeling so embarassed. I saw my idol, my everything for the first time in my entire life and all I could do was make a complete fool out of myself. I got lost in my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door, I froze. "Hey, it's Demi.. Are you alright?'' ''Yeah I'm fine!'' I said quickly not knowing what to do. 

''Are you sure?'' she asked. ''Uhmm yeah'' I said, wow that didn't sound convincing at all. ''Can you come out?''. I opened the door, because I couldn't think of another answer. ''Hi'' I said very sheepishly. ''Hey, what happened back there?'' She asked me with a funny face. ''Uhmm.. well.. you know...'' I didn't even know what I was going to say to her. "I just got nervous.. It's my first day''. Why did I say that? That wasn't why I was nervous at all.''Oh haha! I thought I scared you or something'' Demi said laughing.

Gosh she was gorgeous, I didn't know what to say to her because I was still shaking, so I just stood there smiling at her. "What's your name?'' She asked me. "Emily.." "I'm Demi'' She said. ''Yeah I know who you are silly''. I smiled but then I felt my cheecks turning red. I just called her silly, what am I doing? ''Would you like to sit with me while I finish my coffee'' She asked. She did not just ask me that! ''Uhm I have to ask Grace, but I think it'll be alright''. I walked to Grace and she said yes, as long as nobody came in.

I sat facing her and I could feel my heart was almost going to burst out of my chest. This wasn't happening, this has to be a dream I kept thinking. "I'm a huge fan'' I suddenly blurted out and I immediately started blushing. "It's okay haha, I kind of knew already'' she said smirking at me. ''Wait what? How'' I asked confused. ''Well the first thing you did when you saw me was throw coffee around so I kind of guessed it" she said still smirking at me.

I sat there speechless, what was I going to say next? That I love her? That she saved my life? I couldn't say that, she would think I'm weird. Well she probably already does. ''Are you coming to my concert?'' she suddenly asked. ''Uhmm I wish I could" I said disappointed. "What do you mean?'' Demi asked. ''Well, I don't have enough money so that's why I kind of got this job'' I couldn't look her in the eye, she would probably think I'm greedy or something.

''Awh that's too bad, maybe I can arrange something?'' ''No, no! You really don't have to'' I said quickly. ''It's my concert silly I can decide who I want to comet'' she said smiling. ''Would you really do that for me?'' I asked amazed. ''Yes I just met you but I like you already!'' Omg I felt my cheecks were turning red again.

We sat there talking for what seemed like hours, how could this even be happening? Eventually she had to go, but she gave me her number so I could call her about the tickets. She gave me her freaking number! I freaked out from the inside but I acted calm so she wouldn't think I'm some kind of freak. Then she hugged me and left. And all I could think about was that I would probably wake up any minute.