Chapter 29: Baby Ready

Start from the beginning

"I know you always look cute, but look extra cute. Not cuter than me, but you know what I mean." She giggled.

When we got to the steakhouse she got off the phone. I opened her door and then we went into the restaurant. Two workers greeted us and handed us a menu. This is our third time coming here this week so we really don't need one.

"Hi!" The waitress we had twice greeted us.

"Can you be our waitress again? Please." Taylor grabbed her like she knew the woman.

"Okay, just give me a sec." She smiled.

A few minutes later the woman came back and walked us to a table. Taylor told her what she wanted and since I didn't want to eat the same thing, I had to think about what I wanted. Once I decided she left and brought out the selections of meat. Everything is grade A so we got to choose which slab of meat we wanted to be cooked before the chef prepared it.

"You sleepy?" I asked Tay once the waitress walked away.

"A little. But I'm more hungry than anything." She replied while yawning.

Taylor and I talked until the food came, she also went to the restroom twice before then. Her lamb chops were sizzling and so was my 40 ounce steak. We had lobster Mac and cheese, garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagus as sides. We thanked our waitress as she sat everything on the table for us.

"You promise when you have the baby you're gonna come back, right?" She asked as she made sure our food was cooked right.

"As good as this food is, yeah." Taylor nodded.

The first thing Taylor ate was some lobster macaroni. She did her traditional food dance and then began eating her lamb chops. Everything was seasoned really well and cooked to perfection. The steak melted in your mouth, making each bite better than the last.

"Promise me something, Tay."

"What? Oooo, I have heartburn." She paused and grabbed her chest.

"Please do not wake up at three in the morning saying you want more. Let me know now if we need to get some to go."

"Bae, I can't help it. I'll find something else to eat in the house if I get hungry later." She says that ALL the time.

"I know you can't. But I hate when you start crying because the restaurant is closed."

"You tryna make fun of me?" She drank some water.

"Nawl. I'm serious. I wanna cater to your cravings, but can't you be like every other pregnant woman who craves ice cream at night or something. You be wanting all the stuff you can't have at the moment."

"Not all the time. Sometimes I crave regular stuff." She shrugged.

"Yeah, sometimes." I chuckled.

Taylor ate all the meat off of each bone she had on her plate. There were four lamb chops, but they all were decent sized with a lot of meat on them. She licked her oily lips and ate the fresh asparagus along with the potatoes.

"You want some?" I asked because she stared at my food.

She grinned and shook her head no.