26. the good girl and the ex

Start from the beginning

          I look at Tyson and let out a weak whisper, "No." He looks at me, surprise and confused at my response. I give him a look that screams please-don't-make-this-into-a-big-deal. His eyes soften and give in. He gives a look to the guy, indicating to not call the cops.

          "Get the fuck out of here before I call the police!" The guy who was with Tyson yell at Heidi and Tony. They both immediately run out the door.

           I stuff my head into Tyson's chest as he carry me out the door. I breathe in the smell of his shirt. It smells like fresh laundry. That's when I couldn't hold it in anymore and break down. I start crying and sobbing silently into his shirt.

          A minute later, the music starts to fade and I can feel a cold breeze. We're probably outside now. I remove my head from his now wet shirt and look around to see that he's carrying me into the passenger seat of his car. He opens the door and put me into the car.

          "Please don't tell Archer... or anyone." I beg him, wiping my wet cheeks. He stare at me for a moment before letting out a sigh which I hope means be won't.

          I don't want anyone to know what happened tonight. I don't know how I'll face everyone if they know.

          After crying my eyes out in Tyson's car and cleaning myself up, he drops me off at home and I head straight to my room and shower.

          -

          "Still haven't tell Archer yet?" Tyson approach me from behind, scaring me a little. He walks to my side.

          "He's never going to know." I tell him and look ahead to see Mrs. Miller standing in the center of the cafeteria, meaning she's about to make an announcement.

          My ears and eyes perk up. I just want this whole Archer and Kenny thing to be over with already. I know Archer didn't do anything to him. Now I just want the rest of the world to know he's innocent.

          "Kenny Lee is recovering fast in the hospital. He'll be fine. As for the culprit, we looked through all the tapes of the security camera and found out that Archer, Carter, and Jace had nothing to do with Kenny's injuries. They were just there at the wrong place and time and they tried to save Kenny's life. The real culprit was identified and was arrested. We will not disclose his or her name as that is police matter. Thank you to everyone for working with us for the past week. Classes will resume this week. Thank you!" With a quick smile, she leaves the cafeteria.

          The cafeteria begin to be fill with chatters. I let out a breathe of relief that it's finally confirmed that Archer is innocent. Even though the culprit's name was not mentioned, I have a feeling I know who it is. Toby, the douchebag.

           "Guess Kenny was in the gang and got himself in trouble," Tyson whisper beside me. I turn to him with furrowed eyebrows.

          "He was in the gang?" I question. Tyson shrug.

          "Someone's coming." He nods to behind me. I turn to see Archer, Jace, and Carter coming towards us. A smile find its way to my face.

          As I watch as they get closer, I can hear a few notification sound coming off of a few people's phones. Suddenly, the sound fills the entire cafeteria. Even Archer, Jace, and Carter's phone ringed because they stopped to check their phones.