16. the bad boy and the rumors

"Economic class is so hard. I'm failing," Heidi whines, leaning her head on the locker next to mine.

"Me too. I got an F on the supply and demand quiz last week." I agree with her.

She groan frustratingly beside me. "My parents are going to kill me if they see my grades right now."

I chuckle and assure her, "Chill girl. You'll be fine."

I close my locker and glance at Heidi to see her gazing so intently at something. I follow her gaze to see Tyson walking towards us with a grin on his face.

"Uh... Why is he walking towards us?" Heidi question, her eyes still locked on Tyson.

Does she know him?

Before I could response, Tyson approach us. "Hi, Chloe."

"What are you doing here?" I asks.

"Looks like you'll be seeing more of this face since I'm going to attend here." He answer.

My jaws tighten at his words. I just want to punch his face so bad right now. Why must he come here and piss me off even more?

As if he'd heard my wish, Archer comes out of nowhere and punched Tyson, causing a commotion. Heidi and I look at Archer in shock.

Archer let out a breath of satisfaction. "I should've done that yesterday."

Tyson glare at Archer then relax a little and starts chuckling softly to himself at the situation. "I'll admit, I deserved that."

He wipes away some of the blood on the corner of his lip. Just then, the bell rings. Everyone starts going to their class.

"Let's go," Heidi whisper to me. I nod in agreement. Heidi leaves and I follow after her.

Archer locks eyes with me for a split second before turning away. I can't tell what he's feeling. What he's thinking.

-

All day, all I've been hearing about is Archer this, Tyson that.

Why is this my life?

"So...your boyfriend is the topic of today's gossip." Heidi approach me in the parking lot while I wait for my new step-brother for a ride home. 

"Are you talking about the gossip where Archer punched Tyson because of me or the one where Archer punched Tyson because of his ex-girlfriend, who I didn't even know existed until today. But then again, I should've known that Archer had an ex-girlfriend or even ex-girlfriends. I mean, have you seen his face?" I blabber.

Heidi stare at me with amusement.

"Wow, somebody's jealous," she said in a singing tone.

"I'm not." I put on a serious face.

"I never said who." Heidi arch an eyebrow.

I'm not jealous of Archer and his ex-girlfriend.