It's a bet

A month later...

Chris point of view...

¨ Let me talk to you, Tell you how it is..¨ I wrote it down on the piece of notebook paper as I thought. 

¨Baby girl i wanna see your bod-¨No scratch that. I balled the paper up and threw it in the trash next to me. "Let me talk to you, tell you how it is¨ I rewrote on the paper. I grabbed the blunt next to me as i thought what the next line would say.  I often would freestyle in my head to figure it out, but that was not my lingo. I was just about to write the next lyric down as my phone rung. 

Getting irritated I answered and put it on speaker as I wrote the lyric. ¨Wassup?¨ I spoke to whoever was on the line. ¨ Chris where are you?¨ It was Robyn. ¨Im sorry baby, im...¨ I looked around. ¨ ..Im at the house.¨ I finished. 

¨Chris no you arent I was just there. I didn't see you at all. Did you just get back or something?¨ I thought damn. ¨Well where are you now?¨ I asked. ¨ Im home now. Im not going back out.¨ 

I felt relieved. ¨Well yeah, I literally just got home baby.¨ I tapped the blunt against the tray and sat it down. ¨Well okay, I love you call me later.¨ I smiled. ¨ I love you more.¨ She giggled and hung up. 

After the phone call I just decided to go home, but  not before I finished my blunt and grabbed my notebook. I walked to the front door

¨Alright imma hit you later Reggie, tell Red I said Ill give him his money on Wednesday.¨ I dapped him up. ¨ Will do son.¨ He said as I walked out and he closed the door behind me. I headed to the car and began driving home. As I was driving I could see something afar in the middle of the road. I honestly was near high so I was not in my right mind, but I still had enough sense to drive and know where I'm at. 

The closer I got the bigger it seemed to get, until I noticed arms and legs. The person was standing up walking my direction as I drove. Ẅhat type of idiot would walk in the road at this time of night? They just want to get killed. 

I drove slower as I realized it was that curly afro kid. I swerved around him then stopped the car on the side of the road. When I got out another car had began coming and the kid was just standing there with his head down. I was freaking out but did not want to see a accident. I ran and pushed him to the sidewalk as I ran out of the way of the car. I was just inches away from getting hit. Mostly because I was wearing black and they did not care to stop. Out of instinct i yelled. 

¨ Yo do you know what the hell, you was just doing? You could have killed yourself!¨ I yelled as he groaned in pain from the push i gave him. ¨ Its better feeling that pain, than being dead. You better be glad i saved you. If i didn't know you from school you'd be dead and gone.¨ I kept trying to speak sense into him. 

¨ Why would you do that?¨ He said limping trying to get up. ¨ Oh so you wanted to die?! Dont tell me y-¨ I stopped in mid sentence as I realized what he was trying to do. My heart sunk to my stomach. He tried to commit suicide. ¨You need help kid. Its the truth. I don't support suicide. You can get in the car, I'm not letting you stay here.¨ He stood there as I started walking to the car. When I realized I turned around. ¨You coming or not?¨ I said, ¨"Get in.¨ I demanded. 

He finally got in as I asked him his address and put it in my GPS.   ¨ Why?¨ I said making conversation realizing it was going to be a twenty minute drive. ¨ Because... I have no point.¨ I looked at him crazy. ¨Everybody has a point in the world. Your not here for no reason. The struggle is hard but it is beautiful at the same time...¨I continued lecturing him the whole ride hoping some of it will get through his head because obviously its hard.  

¨Thank you. For the ride, and saving me. ¨ He stated. ¨No problem. Im glad I did it.¨ I parked in front of a huge home. ¨ Damn you got a nice crib.¨ I said. ¨ It isn't  what it seems.¨ I was confused. ¨Iĺl see you later.¨ He hoped out. ¨Aight Jacob.¨ 

Before he closed the door he said something. ¨ Can you please not say a word about tonight?¨ I nodded in curiosity. ¨ You got it, be safe  and remember what I said.¨ He nodded and closed the door. I watched him walk in the house after a woman opened the door. I had to make sure he wasn't gonna wander. I don't have time to catch him on 11'clock news.  After that trip.. I headed home. What a night huh?

Trey Point of view...

Me- We could do that. 

Robzz- Do you think he would get mad if he knows?

Me- I doubt it. That's my bro. He knows I wouldnt try nothing on you. I hope he does at least. He should. 

Robzz- Well we can do that Wednesday. 

Me- I figured. Its gonna be good, ttyl. 

I ended the conversation at that. After that I went to pay Saryah a visit. That is my ex by the way, but i consider her a close friend besides the fact. I started walking down the street since she was just one block away. She kept texting me wondering where I was. I swear she always pretends we are still dating. If we are friends and we just broke up why she so worried about my whereabouts. 

Robyns point of view...

¨So how do you like the class?¨ My Ma asked as we walked out. ¨ I love it, i just cant wait...¨ I smiled but also thinking about if I really want to do this.  ¨I knew you wanted to do fashion ever since you made your own outfit at 2 years old.¨ I laughed. We got in the car and started driving to the house. 

¨Hey ma, You know what i was thinking about?¨ She shook her head glancing at me. ¨ When your smiling, the only thing I can guess is that boy. What is his name again?¨ I giggled. ¨ How do you forget your own Son In-law's name? mm mm mm¨ I shook my head. ¨Girl hush. You guys have so many years ahead of you before you can do that.¨ She disagreed and I continued laughing at her. 

¨Ma its a joke, and its Chris. What I was thinking about was.... being a star.¨ She laughed at me like it was weird. ¨ You think its funny ma?¨ She nodded her head.¨ Anythings possible I just never thought about you being one.¨ I rolled my eyes at her. ¨ Are you asking for a bet?¨ She laughed. 

¨You betcha.¨ She turned into the driveway. ¨ I bet $1,000 on it. ¨ I agreed. She stopped the car and raised her eyebrows. ¨ That's nonsense child. I bet One million.¨ I looked at her like she was crazy. ¨ Oh where? You better get a loan from the bank because im gonna win this bet.¨ I said with confidence. ¨ There is my proud girl. Show me and i'll believe it. ¨ She smiled and got out the car. 

I did not get mad at her for not believing in me.I know she does. She just does that all the time because she knows I get challenging when she says she doesnt believe me. With that she can make me do a lot and show her who I can be. Which im going to do. I got out the car and locked it from inside and went in the house. I was tired after today. 

--

How was it? 

Vote²& Comment. I love your opinions. 

Nobody got to believe in me. I believe in myself. I can do it.- quote #10