Reverse in time

Robyn's Point of view at 16 years old...

"Robyn, wake up my love! You're going to be late for school!." My mom pulled the covers off of me waking me into a shiver. "Oh mom, I don't want to go! It's too early." I pulled the covers back over me as I squeezed my eyes close from the sun burning through my windows.

 " I'm not having a slow leak daughter! You better be down before the bus comes!" She slammed the door making me jump out of my comfort. I suppose I want beauty and brains. I stood up and grabbed a towel from the closet and went into the bathroom. 

Once I finished showering, I made sure to lotion up and do my eyebrows and mascara. It was the first day of school, so you know I had to be specific on what I wore. 

I played it quite casual as I typically would knowing it still did me justice

I played it quite casual as I typically would knowing it still did me justice. As I walked downstairs I was greeted by my two corgi puppies. "Hey babies! You want some food? Let me give you some food!" Once I said my goodbyes to them and my mom, I headed to the neighborhood bus stop down the street. 

As I sat on the bench waiting, I heard a car coming down the road bumping loud music. " Aye you go to Hilton High?"  I nodded. " Then come on! We're going there too! No need to wait for that bus!" I had never seen them a day in my life, but I decided to ride for the convenience. I had a Taser if either of them tried anything anyway. 

I got in the backseat and turned to see a handsome boy. He was light-skinned and had plump pink lips. "What's your name ma?" To think I would feel more comfortable with the head space in this convertible i still wasn't. Note to not ride with strangers again. "Robyn, you can call me Robyn." I gave him a friendly smile. He looked at me intrigued. "My name is Chris. Everybody calls me Breezy though." I laughed. "Nah, I'm good. I'll call you Chris" I shook my head at the corny nickname.

He bit his lip and nodded at me. "Where you from? I hear that beautiful accent you got. You can't get that from Tappahannock." I smiled. " Yea I'm Bajan." He looks at me confused. " I'm from a small Caribbean Island called Barbados." I giggled.

"So much for geography, huh Chris? " I continued chuckling. He laughed at me and tried to put his arms behind my shoulder before I pushed it away. "Mm mm. No siree!" The two guys in the front seat laughed as I joined in. He sucked his teeth at me and looked out the window. " I was just stretching so whatever to what you say." He fronted. He's hilarious. 

" Thanks you guys! I appreciate it!" I hopped out the car with them and went my separate way towards the school to find my two neighborhood friends. I could just hear the guys hollering up a scene as they went their separate ways. I checked my watch and realized I didn't have time to stand and socialize because the bell was soon to ring. As I looked up Chris ran in front of me to open the double doors. "Thanks Chris." I smiled and walked past him. 

" Oh my gosh, I hate walking into class late. All eyes be on me every time. But then again. As they should." Right when I walked in the building the late bell had rung.  "So, who you got for first period class Babygirl?" He asked as I continued walking down the hall with him following. " I have a name breezy." I looked at him smirking. " Sorry I forgot your name Babygirl." He smirked along. I shook my head at him as we entered the same classroom one after the other.