Have a seat

Robyn point of view.

This was the funniest, and I mean funniest night of my life. "Yo, where the blunt at Chris?" I tried to grab it from him but he snatched it back. "Nah Rob. You definitely had enough ma."

I scrunched my face up at him and rolled my eyes. "Don't blow me." I said. "I'm so hungry. My mouth is so dry." I laid my head against his shoulders. I felt so lazy. " Come on. We can go downstairs and get some food. Bobby makes some damn good ribs." Chris implied. I lifted my head before he got up to lead the way. It took forever for me to get up and not sit back down. "Come on Rob. You act like you on crack or something." He grabbed my hands before we headed out the room. I busted out laughing.

" I think I am." I felt this rush of anxiety go through me and I started panicking. He looked back at me concerned. " Rob you're not. You just smoked weed for the first time. You gonna act.. weirder. Relax. You think negative thoughts then you're gonna believe them. Especially when you high." He stated and kissed my forehead before continuing downstairs. I bit my lip and just kept quiet. He's making it hard. 

Once we made it to the grill Chris fixed a plate for both of us with barbecue ribs and chicken. Once we sat at the table, I immediately went in. "Oh, Chris you're amazing. Thank you." I said in the middle of eating. Bobby really can grill. Once I had finished my plate, I wiped my hands. Then 'You' by Lloyd came on. Chris grabbed me and started singing it to me. 

" And I just wanna be with you tonight. And I play the game, It's true. But I'll change the game for you. I wanna see what it do." He sung as he pulled me close and started dancing with me. I turned and laid my back against him as we grinded together. 

"Can I be for real? This is how I feel. I'm in need of love. So, let's dip up out of here. Ooo you just my type. Everything so right, so right." He sung in my ears keeping me grinning. His voice was beautiful. I joined singing with him to the song until someone pulled me away interrupting us.

"Robyn what are you doinggg!" Alexus dramatically started. " And why are your eyes so red? You smell like straight weed." I just looked at her confused. " Oh lighten up I'm having fun." I turned back to go to Chris but she pulled me back. 

"Are you kidding? I was looking for you the whole party. You weren't even answering your phone. Like why? It's literally almost 2am. We have to go. Bye Chris. Fun is over." She said pulling me through the crowd. I blew him a kiss bye before I lost sight of him as he laughed and returned the kiss. 

---

The next morning, I woke up at 10am. Late as hell for school. I rushed out of bed and hopped in the shower. I'm surprised my mom didn't wake me. Once I showered, I threw on a green sweater and jeans with my white socks and black slides. I truly didn't have time to care about my outfit. I did my edges and headed out my room after grabbing my bookbag. I snuck a peek in my mom's room to see her sound asleep which was great. I did not need her to start her shit. 

Being that I had no bus, and I didn't need my mom knowing anything I just grabbed my bike and began riding it to school. If it was farther than 5 streets down than I wouldn't but I could manage this. 

Once I got to school, I locked my bike up and headed to my locker to throw my stuff in. It was currently lunch time, so I headed to the Cafe. I went through the line to get nachos in a bag. Like let me tell you, nachos and Doritos. Amazing. 

"I heard a little bird was lit last night." Tremaine came beside me as I walked to the table. "Boy I was just having fun. Isn't that the point?" I looked at him with a side eye and sat down to eat. "Yea you and your little boyfriend been having fun." Adrian said from across the table. I rolled my eyes. "I'm very much single people. So, relax. Worry about y'all relations and not mine." I said kindly and ate a chip. "Hm." Adrian said and began minding his business as he should. 

"It's giving... my man, my man, my man." Adrian continued having me die laughing. 

" Chile please I can't with y'all." I said to them. Alexus came to the table shaking her head at me causing me to scrunch my eyebrows at her. "What's wrong with you?" I asked her. "Same thing I asked you with your low red eyes last night." She spoke. Tremaine, Adrian and I just looked at her and around at one another. " The negative energy is thriving right now." I said and laughed. So what? I did it and had fun. Let it go. Alexus thinks she's my mom or something. 

She sighed as we continued eating. We all just ignored the awkwardness. Once I was leaving the cafe Alexus happened to pull me to the side of the hall. " Listen Rob. You're a very talented girl and you have a bright future but I can't see you having one if you get close to Chris like that. He has you smoking weed now. Like really Rob?" She stressed. 

"Wait, wait, wait. Lex, I appreciate the concern, but I'll have a bright future with whoever because I'm the one who put in the work. As of smoking, he didn't make me. He can't breathe the smoke in my body for me, so it sounds like my choice if you ask me. Stop trying to blame him. That was dramatic of you. Now let me live. You should do the same." I turned from her and proceeded to music/dance class. She's wigging yo.

"Keep your guard up." I heard her say as I kept walking. 

Once I got to class, I sat in the lead singers chair in the front. I sat there watching everyone enter the classroom happy and cheerful. Tremaine then sat by me in the front, because he's the boy lead singer. 

"What a fucking cheat. Teacher knows no talent." Chris passed knocking Tre's Microphone down. Douche. "Shut your sad ass up Chris." Tre said picking his mic back up. 

" Good afternoon everyone. Today is our first day officially starting this class the right way. So today your two lead singers will have homework. You guys are to make a song by tomorrow. Yes tomorrow. It shouldn't be hard.  It can be a quick short song. I just need three verses and a hook." The teacher pointed to the backup singers when stating 'hook'. Someone let out a laugh. 

"Oh, excuse me sir. Who are you?" The teacher asked someone in the back. " You know my name's Chris. Quit that please. You know my dad's your boss." Chris said with attitude. " Hm. Haven't heard him speak of you but ok. Mr. Chris. You know you should really be laughing at the fit you had this morning when you saw you weren't lead singer. Maybe act more like a teammate and not a hater and you will make it next time." Some of the class laughed. I shook my head because the teacher was so petty for those comments but very bold. 

"Right now, I need the instrument players to the floor and the vocalist to the side of the room please." The teacher said as we all switched positions. " Wassup Rob. I missed ya earlier today." Chris came up to me. "We just saw each other last night Chris." I smiled. "Yea I had a good time with you. We definitely need to go out again." Chris said and grabbed my hand biting his lip. 

Tre walked up interrupting. " I know you want to be lead and all but the female lead and I have things to discuss. Like business." Tre said trying to shoo him away. Chris scrunched his face at him. I let his hand go. " Maybe. We'll see." I said quickly before they started arguing. Chris nodded and backed away. " So that's your man now?" Tre asked. "Um no but we have about 45 minutes left in this class so let's start trying to make this song." I changed the subject and opened my notebook.

Near the end of class Tre and I agreed to make after school at my place to finish the last parts of the song and practice it. We were almost done but needed it to be great by tomorrow. 

---

People will do what they want. No matter if you ask them not to. Even when you give your advice they won't be listening. Just you. 

Updated 05/01/2023.