Chapter 21

Scarlett's POV

The sun is now covered by thick dark clouds that fit the mood perfectly. Blood stains my hands and clothes just like everyone else. Some of my allies have fallen but I will continue to fight, their sacrifice will help us all in the future and will not be in vain.

Catching sight of David a growl rips through me, loud and strong. Enemy wolves bow their heads and others try to fight it. David is now smirking at me with a cocky stance as even he fights my control. Did he kill my parents with that confidence and that smirk? I'll be sure to rip it off of him.

Anger over comes me and I forcefully shift because of my raging emotions. My hot angry body is like a bullet aiming for David and only him. You can picture how my blood boils when a large group of wolves surround me, can't they see they are on the wrong side? They snap their teeth and let out low malicious growls as they jump forward in an attempt to frighten me, not knowing they should be the ones frightened. I snap my teeth right back at them as my fur stands up from my solid form.

Lunging at the neck of a puny wolf, I hold their lifeless body in my jaws they had no time to move. Throwing the body at the group I lunge at them all and some tuck their tails and try to get out of my sight. A cloud of dusts arises from our claws digging into the ground. Dark red blood seeps into the dirt and coating grass. As I make my way through the group of wolves whimpers sound as some are wounded. The sound of bone snapping is all I hear as I take them out, one by one.

After finishing off the group I look toward David once again. My fur is heavy and thick with blood especially around my mouth. Blood falls from my mouth and my once pearl white teeth are an orange-red color from the blood. As I move to attack David once more, I am surrounded by the damned. I have no choice but to use a spell Isabella had taught me. It's a satanic spell that will let the devils power fill my body, so when I bite or scratch the damned, they die. It takes a lot out of me but I need to use it.

"The lord of all darkness, give me your power, hear my call, answer my plea, I call for thee. Fill me with the dark power you possess so willingly. As I must slay all my enemies." I repeat the mantra in my head until I feel the darkness seeping in. A thick dark shadow cloaks my body and fills me. The damned release ugly screeching sounds as they become uncertain.

"Yes, yes, just like that my dear Scarlett," David's nasty voice reaches my ears. I bite down on one the damned with the hatred that oozes out of me. I want them to all die and suffer like my parents did, so they know how my parents felt.

Now I know, those dreams I had, they were memories and a view into the past. It showed my parents being tortured and on the verge of death, the house was being consumed by flames. The same flames that licked at my parents skin, taking ages to just end their misery. In my dreams I felt what they felt. The weird thing was that they weren't concerned about themselves. Their concern was for both Cole and I, they died for us. Their love for us was bigger than any thought or anything in this whole universe, it was never ending.

The last scarring screech of the damned is heard as I bite their head clean off. The power I borrowed from the dark was made useful but I can no longer hold onto it as it is draining to do so. Taking no time I launch into action to end David's miserable life.

"COLE!!! What are you doing out here? Get back inside!" Noah who fights not to far from David looks in the direction of the house. It can't be true right? How could Cole escape? Turning around with a pain filled heart I meet the eyes of my brother. Determination oozes out of Cole, I can't stop him.

"You have some explaining to do once this is over Scarlett," Cole says. He fights an opponent that comes out of nowhere and that's when it happens.