Chapter 22

Scarlett's POV

Two weeks have passed since the war. Now I'm left standing at my own funeral watching everyone. Cole sits next to a female werewolf. He had found out they were mates surprisingly enough. I'm happy to just have seen Cole find his mate.

Noah stands beside the casket my pale motionless body is laying in. He gently places a flower into my hair. I stand right beside him and he catches me by surprise when he starts talking.

"I know that butterscotch is your favorite hard candy." Noah laughs even though tears the size of the butterscotch candy slip from his eyes. He gently places the butterscotch under my hand with his shaking hands. As he cries I throw my arms around him only to pass right through, I wish I could stay.

You know, I'm really going to miss butterscotch now that I think about it.

Suddenly a loud bang sounds from the back of the room. Turning toward the noise I see Ryder, his hair is a mess as if tugged on and his eyes are red and swollen from crying and wiping his eyes. He storms out of the building and I sigh. Isaiah looks like he isn't even alive. He is just staring at the casket with sunken eyes. My death has taken a toll on both of my mates and for that I'm sorry, but they will move on, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Looking down at my hand I see that it is slowly fading. It's my time to fully let go now, but where am I going. Sitting beside a distraught Alex I wrap my arms around him hovering them a bit and he freezes. Resting my head on his shoulder I release a deep breath.

"Thank you Alex for everything. You don't know how much you mean to me. I love you dad." Alex bursts into tears and I feel a pull on my body.

I truly feel sort of ready to move on. I say 'sort of' because no one is ever really ready to move on, leaving behind every memory and every sweet moment but most of all leaving your loved ones.

Standing next to my casket I face everyone and wave. Some people freeze/tense up and others burst into more tears. With a smile I fade away all my senses stop working.

I am Scarlett Rose Sage and this was my story.

Cole's POV
She was there, smiling. She had a soft glow to her and she waved, saying goodbye. It hurts, losing a sister I just got back and didn't even know I had. She has tried to make memories with me as much as she could and in that little time I had felt so close to her.

I can only wish that she didn't have to... die. Now she can't tell me about herself, I have to hear stories from other people. She was too young to die. It's not fair, I want my big sister.

I love you Scarlett.

Noah's POV
It was unbelievable, Scarlett had appeared next to her casket with a hesitant warm smile and a goodbye wave. The first time she ever called me her brother was in the war. I wish she was still here so I could call her my sister. I wish I had the chance to call her my sister because she's family to me too.

I love you Scarlett.

Alex's POV
I don't think I ever told her out loud but she was a daughter to me. That smile she had on her face will forever be burned into my brain. I wish it didn't end that way, I wish I could have prevented that from happening I should have protected her better. The emotional pain of losing someone is too much for me. My wolf has fallen into depression he loved Scarlett as his own pup.

Now I know for sure those words I heard and that touch I felt, it was her.

The tears stream down on my face and the ache in my throat burns.

I love you Scarlett.

Isaiah's POV
She was so beautiful, standing there with that gorgeous smile. How can I ever get over someone who barged into my life and made a mark that can't be erased? I wouldn't want to forget about her though, she was warm even though she didn't know it. She was sad but never showed it until the end. I wish I could have made her happy. I wish this wasn't the end. There's so much I want to say to her and do for her. I would have spoiled her so much. I never would have hurt her.

My dear, I hope we meet again soon.

I love you Scarlett.
______________________________________________________________
This is the last chapter!!!!

The second book to The Fighter Girl, As Time Passes, is not out yet. It will definitely be worth the read and will be four years that passed since the funeral in As Time Passes. Now I don't want to spoil anything so I'm not going to say much. I will write a notice when I do post the second book.

This was my first ever book and I hope you all enjoyed it. As time went by not only the story but I also grew as a author. However, I do make mistakes so if you see any point them out nicely please.

Thank you all for reading my book and being patient with me. Even though at times I didn't know what to write I had fun writing.

The last quote I am ever sharing in this book :(
Good people are like candles; They burn themselves up to give others light.
-Unknown

I felt that I had to give you the last chapter since I took so long to update. Thank you all for reading. And I love to read the comments you leave.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.