Chapter 13: The Snake Returns

Comenzar desde el principio

Kakashi also let in a sharp breath of air as he held his breath, trying to think of all logical explanations. He could think of a ton of explanations, but nothing could erase what Orochimaru had just stated. That couldn't be true, can it?

From what he remembered, she hadn't hung around him that often back in Konoha, sure they were around the same age, but she had attended the academy two years earlier than him and also became a Chunin much earlier than him. However, he had no doubt in his mind that if it were allowed, Itachi would have attended and graduated the academy the same age as her, but that did not change anything. Hikari was out of the village at the age of 6 so the chances of them hanging out was very slim and unless Orochimaru implied that they met up even when Itachi left the village and became an S-Rank criminal, it wouldn't make sense at all.

"So you plan on making Sasuke and Hikari one of those pieces?" Kakashi questioned again.

"I've already tried at Hikari, for now I would say she's a backup piece in case the whole Uchiha ordeal doesn't work. Sasuke's the superior piece and the ones taking the exam right now are… Merely sacrifices." Orochimaru answered sadistically.

Hikari glared at Orochimaru, even though he couldn't see her nor sense her, it still felt right for her to do so. How dare he call her a backup piece and how dare he call those Genins fighting for their lives to please him, just sacrifices?

Hikari tensed as she watched Orochimaru approach Kakashi. What could she do? Her mind told her to cut off Satori's kekkei genkai and to rush into the room to help defend Kakashi, but her body would not move, it was frozen there solid. 

She knew at that moment that she was utterly afraid of Orochimaru and she knew exactly why.

"Don't get any closer to Sasuke!" Kakashi shouted as he got into a fighting position, getting ready to use his signature move, Chidori.

"Even if you're one of the legendary Sannin, I can sacrifice my life to kill you." Kakashi shouted as Chidori began to form in his right hand.

Orochimaru let out a string of chuckles, he sounded like a psycho at that moment.

"What's so funny?" Kakashi asked darkly.

"What you say and do don't agree with each other." Orochimaru responded

"What?" Kakashi asked with confusion.

"There's no point in using that seal. You know, right? He has a heart that seeks power no matter how evil it is. He possesses that kind of disposition. He is an avenger."

"So you took advantage of that. But Sasuke won't…." Kakashi stated, although it souded more as though he was trying to convince himself that.

Hikari closed her eyes, she knew that was correct. Sasuke would do anything for power and to kill his brother. She knew that, Orochimaru knew that, Itachi knew that, even Kakashi knew that. It was one of the reasons why Itachi asked her to watch over Sasuke to see if she could guide his thoughts correctly.

"Eventually, he will seek me out." Orochimaru responded, "This is why he's the superior piece. I don't need to force him to come, he will come to me all on his own, I just merely helped him guide his decision." 

Orochimaru turned around and began walking away as Kakashi's Chidori died down.

"Also, you said that you could kill me? Try. That is, if you can…" With those last words Orochimaru disappeared into the darkness.

Satori let out a short breath of relief as he began moving closer upwards. Hikari studied the look on Kakashi's face. It was a look of fear and relief that he was gone, she knew that he felt the impact of Orochimaru.