CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

The woman in the picture is actually from a game. But I liked it so much I decided to put it here. The picture isn't mine. 

PART FIVE

"What you might see among you is savages, what I see by my side are survivors of a corrupt world."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why did I kiss him...? I made everything so awkward...

I heard that the ship was heading back to Nassau, which has been a while since I've been there. I was wondering how much longer I could be on this ship with Caspian... after what had happened.

The kiss wasn't as lustful as I had felt before, it was so much different, so much... more. And it scared the hell out of me.

It scared me so much that I just stayed away from him as I walked around the ship. I ignored him, and when he spotted me, he would watch me. I've finally made it awkward... I thought sadly. I can't even look at him now without remembering the intensity of the kiss...

I shook my head, and my body, to try to forget it. Think about it, Ria. If you do end up sleeping with him you'll be cheating. You never got the divorce from Clyde... You're still married. Technically.

I could still feel Caspian staring at me with his emerald eyes, so to try to get away from them I would return to my room. More like hide.

I would stay there for the rest of the trip, only coming out when I needed to eat and drink. Or play with Bear. Days went by with me hiding myself away just to avoid him, after weeks of continuing this, we finally made it to Nassau.

Already the year was ending, and it was almost 1718. It was a scary thought to me but I still took a deep breath to calm my nerves. I'll find the key... I told myself confidently as I climbed onto the deck, Bear had been up here already with Theodore. So I didn't have to struggle getting him up here with me.

I looked out and saw the town, noticing that had changed a bit since the last time I had come here. It was to drop Mark off so she could find her own crew, and I wished that she was here so I could have someone to talk about the situation. Bear was a good listener and all, but I just needed someone to tell me what to do about this situation I put myself in...

I turned my head and noticed Caspian staring at me again, this time he was awfully closer than he was before. I licked my lips nervously, seeing him walk up to me.

Please don't bring up that night... I thought anxiously.

Too bad.

Instead he seemed annoyed, and speaking low for only us to hear, he spoke, "So yer just goin' to ignore me, are yer, lass?"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "It was just a kiss, Caspian... we've kissed before."

"Perhaps," his jaw tensed in anger. "I have not known yer as a rude woman to walk away like yer have done. Yer must be an insolent, uncouth woman."

I snapped my head to him, my anger finally sparked, "Do not call me rude. You're such a hypocrite, how could you stand there and call me rude? I simply didn't want anything further than that kiss because you are known to seduce woman you want. I told you I don't want anything to do with it."

"Yer really do not get it, do yer lass?" His eyes became solid, two green stones.

"Leave me alone," I finally said. "If we were going to end up in a situation, it wouldn't work. I'm trying to get home, I'm from a different world," I whispered. "I'm trying to get back to my father, that's what this whole thing is about, nothing more," With that I turned to walk back to my room to change into some new clothes.