CHAPTER TWO

Today I decided to stay at my friend's house, when she returned she returned with my wallet that she had forgotten last night. Her friend that owned the restaurant had kept it until she came to pick it up, so now I got my license and I can go retrieve my car from the garage to my home. Or old home. I didn't even want to look in it any more after the sight I seen last night.

When I walked up to my vehicle Clyde was standing outside when he saw me. He was wearing normal clothes, it was his day off so he didn't have to go to work. I still needed to, so I still needed my car.

When he spotted me he didn't hesitate to call out to me, "Ria, can you come in to talk?"

"No, Clyde," I took my sunglasses out of my purse and put them on. "We have nothing to talk about."

"We have many things to talk about, please Ria I still love you," he pleaded softly. "That has never changed."

I turned to look at him, my fury real, "IF you truly loved me, you would have told me."

"I was going to," He walked up to the car, closer to me. but remained his distance. Smart. "Please understand. This isn't an easy thing to admit, especially to you. I didn't know how you would react..."

Hearing his words stopped me from entering the car, instead I just stood there in thought. If there was one thing about Clyde was that he really did care, and he was a bit sweet, which was always the problem with him and me since I did have a little temper. Clyde did tell me anything, the same that it was with me telling him everything.

He probably did try to tell me this before many times, maybe he just didn't know how to...

"The cheating part was still wrong," I spoke sympathetically, my voice soft. "That really hurt me. and the past months you made me go through hell."

"I'm so sorry," He still kept his distance from me, but it was obvious in his expression that he was sorry. For a cop he was awfully sweet....

I took in a deep breath, then released it in a long sigh. "I still want a divorce. This isn't going to work anymore..."

"You still want the divorce?"

"Yes," I finally looked at him. "I am tired of not feeling... wanted," he knew what I meant. I pulled my sunglasses over my head, my own voice sounded sad. "This just isn't going to work anymore, we will both be happier this way. I have to go to work, Clyde. We'll talk later about this and get the papers ready."

"Alright... if that is what you want," He sighed and walked away from the vehicle when I sat inside, shutting the door beside me. "Drive safely," He said.

I didn't even respond, I just pulled out of the driveway and tried to make it to work before it was time for it to open. Luckily it didn't take that long to drive to my little bookstore, it wasn't long before I was parked in front of it and to the front door, and right on time I unlocked it with my key, and I stepped inside.

The bookstore was usually slow in the mornings, it was after twelve that it would have some costumers. All the regular customers who come in and looks for a good book to buy and read. I loved books, that's why I love to work with them, and why I bought this neat little bookstore.

It was also nice to get away from all the drama that's been happening lately in my life. I grabbed a box of a new shipment of books and walked around the aisles to place the books in their right spots alphabetically. There were some books that sold well, and that was the romances. The last thing I needed in my life was romances, so I just grabbed these and put it on the shelf.