Change Really is Different ***Paige***

Another update in one day am I not awesome or what.

**********

Last night, I sat in bed, thinking about how life would be different if Maddie and Mackenzie hadn't, you know, kicked the bucket. All I kept thinking was, "It will be okay." But alas, this is reality people, not a Fantasy Land.

I found out Nia quit.

It was down to the four of us. It would be strange, different, with more drama between the three most drama-filled mothers out there. And now, all I can do is pray that it will be okay in the end. And if it is not, then it is not the end.

*********

We were the first ones here. It was strangely quiet. I sat down on the floor and pulled on my jazz shoes. Today was arecord November high of 60 degrees farehnheit, so my mom let me and my sister wear shorts.

I pulled my leg up into a needle and then dropped it. I couldn't hold it anymore, which was really strange for me. My mom chattered away on her phone until finally clicking it off. "Abby has a surprise for you guys," she told me and Brooke.

Kendall was the next one to arrive. She smiled at us. I knew that she was going to be on top of the pyramid. I mean, seriously, she won first overall. That is a pretty big deal, if you think about it.

Chloe arrived next and quietly sat down. She seemed conent so I dared not to bother her. Chloe was just doing her own thing, off in her own world.

The Dancer's Den was quiet. Us girls all put on our shoes quietly. There was no Mackenzie doing splits or Maddie turning around in a circle. Nia wasn't here either to make us all laugh with a silly story that her brother told.

"Hi," Someone said. I turned to see who it was. All of a sudden, something clicked in my mind. He had hair that was spiked in the front and had tan skin. He wore an ALDC jacket that said, 'Ashton'. This was the new boy.

"Hi," we all said back. He quietly sat down at the end of a bench and put on his shoes.

"Erm, my name is Ashton."

We looked back at him. He scratched his neck and then looked at the ground.

"I want to know who you guys are."

"I'm Kendall!" Kendall shouted. "Single and ready to mingle!" she did a flirtatious wave to him and flipped her hair. Brooke snickered and stood up. I tried to control my laughter, but I couldn't and ended up stuffing my face in my smelly dance bag.

"I'm Brooke. I am a lot older than all of these kids, and I certainly am flexible."

We all muttered replies like, "You got that right." Ashton looked amazed and watched Brooke stretch out into a split. She took her foot and brought it up to head. I don't know why Ashton would be so amazed. I mean, practically every dancer that is semi-proffesional can do that.

I decieded to introduce myself to be polite. I walked over to him with a big smile on my face. I had absolutely no idea what I was going to say, but I knew I had to make it hilarious.

"I'm Paige, don't try anything with me please, because I have no idea how old you are."

Ashton stared at me like he was crazy. He snickered, stood up, and went into a needle. This was the boy who was amazed at a split. Chloe leaned over to me. "Didn't know he was that flexible."

"Me neither," I agreed and pointed my foot out in front of me.

"Girls, boy, lets go!" I heard the familiar voice yell. I walked into the studio to see that there was no pyramid, but a somewhat different set up. It had our five pictures and underneath it it went first, second, third, fourth, and fifth.