Getting Over Something is Harder Than You Think ***Nia***

We are taking a little break from the competition to head over to see Miss Nia and check up on her. :)

*************

I hate dance.

There, I said it.

After what happened to me back at the store with that lady, I realiazed that I hate dance. It is so stupid. I mean, who gets a kick out of flipping. Haha. I didn't even realize that I made a pun. But it was a stupid dance pun.

I can't believe that somebody said I was horrible.

I thought I was good.

Oh, who am I kidding. I love dance and I will never be able to get over the fact that I am horrible.

******

The church that I was in was really old and smelled like dust. I could see my dad crinkle his nose and cough. I didn't blame him because I felt like I could have a coughing that could last forever.

My mom sat down in the fifth row, which was perfect for me since I hated sitting in the back. My dad rolled his eyes and sat next to my mom. I was left to sit on the end next to my brother, who kept swatting at the air around him.

In front of us sat my aunt and uncle. They weren't my cousin's parents, but just our aunt and uncle. My dad's side of the family was what they were on, and so was my cousin getting married.

I started to stick to my seat as I anxiously waited for the ceremony to start. My brother Evan looked at me and laughed. "Nia, you are so girly. You love pink and weddings. I don't know why."

I snorted and shook my head. I will admit it, I was a bit girly at times, but I wanted this wedding to be over with quickly so I could go home and take a nice long bubblebath. I needed one desperatly.

Okay, so maybe I am a little girly at times...

But that is not the point.

The music picked up and a lady stepped down the aisle in a blood red dress. Her hair was in a fancy updo and she had stunning make-up on. I think her name was, looking at her more carefully, Yasmin.

The next woman came down. She looked the same as Yasmin, litterally. I think she is Yasmin's twin, Jasmine. Their parents were not really all that creative. Yasmin and Jasmine. I believe in school they were called 'The Rhyming Twins.' Hardly anyone was creative back then in those days.

Lastly, the Maid of Honor, Jessalee strutted down in the same dress as the others, but she had only one strap. Her smile was too bright for her face which had dark make up.

Next were the ring barriers, Bryan and Dave. They were only 5, so it was funny to see them wondering down the aisle and tripping on flower petals. Bryan and Dave were my awkward little cousins, but they are awesome.

The last person before the bride came. She was the Flower Girl. She was MY age and just watching her she was miserable. Her mom stood to the side smiling like an idiot. The girl mouthed to her, "I <insert bad word here> hate this." The mother looked like she wanted to smack her daughter across the face.

Then, the beautiful bride came. She wore a stunning mermaid gown with a purple and red belt. Her brother walked her down in the aisle, also known as, my cousin. She was smiling crazily. My mother tapped me on the shoulder and pulled me back.

"You know why Aunt Louise and Uncle Rob aren't here, Nia?"

I shook my head. "Why?"

"Once they found out who she was marrying, they wanted nothing to do with it. See that man? That's Brent McClouse. He steals from people. He lies and cheats. That is a big no in our family."

I rolled my eyes. Of course Aunt Lou and Uncle Robby wouldn't come. The absolutely hated anyone to do with that kind. My cousin looked a bit nervous as she stepped to the altar.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Brent McClouse and Trisha Frazier." The Priest studied the two then turned to his book.

"If there is anyone who protests against this, speak now, or forever hold your peace."

Silence. Until someone coughed. It was Trisha. Everyone laughed, but she frowned. "I don't think I can do this..." She muttered.

My dad gasped and shook his head. My mom looked at Trisha with a worried expression. I knew what was happening. If Trisha married Brent, then Trisha's parents would no longer be concerned with her. Trisha loved her parents much more than Brent.

"If I marry Brent, I'll lose my parents. Forever." A tear dropped from her eye. Brent clenched his fists together.

"I love my parents, they are my everything. I can't live without them. There is no way I'd be the person I am TODAY without them. And without them, I'm going to be lost." Trisha really meant every word she said.

"Sorry Brent," she whispered, turned around, and ran out the door.

People gasped as Brent punched the pu. My dad sheltered me from him as he walked over to his mother. "Get everyone out of here. Get the gun."

My dad gasped and he pushed my family out the door. "Run to the car," he shouted. I ran as fast as my legs could carry and was about to climb in, when I heard crying.

"Trisha!" I shouted. She was sitting in the meadow outside the church, crying. "Trisha, we gotta go before he kills us all!"

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"He's mad," I told her. "Come with us."

I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the car. She climbed in the back and put her head on the seat. I felt bad for her.

Only until, I heard a gun shot. My dad pulled out of the parking lot fast and drove all the way to our house. "Holly, call the police. Nia, sit with Trisha in the back."

I unbuckled and sat in front of her. Trisha grabbed my hand and sighed. "He really loved me, more than you love dance. I was his whole world. I married, well was going to marry, Brent because of how much he loved me."

I smiled, but then frowned. "Trishy, I don't love dance." Trisha looked at me with a stunned expression. Yes. That is correct. I do not like dance.

"Why?" Trisha asked me.

"'Cause I suck," I told her.

"Nia," she muttered. "Why would you say that?"

The scene replayed in my head over and over. That same expression came across my face and I started to cry. "Because somebody told me!"

"I can see why..." I heard Trisha muttered.

"Trisha," I whispered. "Why would you say that?"

"Because I watch Dance Moms and you aren't the greatest..." She whispered.

I thought I was improving. Abby had even told me. That is something big when she tells you. But it struck me just a few seconds ago, what if she is lying?

My dad wheeled into our driveway and we all got out. I stayed in the car after Trisha got out. My mind was going in a billion directions, but it all started at the same point: I suck.

"Nia?" My mom climbed into the car. "What is the matter?"

"I think I'm going to quit dance," I whispered.

My mom gasped. "Sweetie, we have a contract-"

"Just explain the situation," I told her. "Tell her that I am not good and holding back the team. Maddie always gets frustrated, and without me, she's better off."

My mom shook her head. "Okay," she whispered. "But you will never be forgiven."

And that was the story of how I quit the thing I love.