Getting Over Something is Harder Than You Think ***Brooke***

I think that friendships are strange. In fact, I think it's funny how one moment somebody is saying, "I'll always support ya!" and the next moment they are trying to tear you down.

I think it's really strange.

I had a friend like that. Best friend, may I add. We had the best friendship you could ever imagine.

She supported me. She watched my show, Dance Moms. She went by a name of Ashley.

Then, she started to make fun of me when I danced. She said I sucked. I thought we were best friends. But we're not.

It's hard to be a leader when everyone is tearing you done from the throne.

********

When we arrived at the competition after what seemed like a forever-long bus ride, thoughts races through my mind. What if the kids in my class came? What if I make a fool out of myself?

It struck me that we were ways away from Pittsburgh. No worries.

Everyone was cheering out names as we walked into the building. I tripped over the carpeting on the floor and a girl gasped.

"Brooke? Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine no worries," I told her and walked away. I glanced back to see her face. She was excited, nonetheless, that a celebrity spoke to her.

Our dressing room was on the far side of the competition venue, labeled "ALDC." I walked in and saw mirrors set up. Chloe and Paige disappeared somewhere behind the curtain.

The room was very tense.

I sat down at a mirror and stared applying makeup. I put on my mascara and basic foundation, making sure it blended in with my skin nicely.

"Tada!" I heard someone exclaim. I turned around to see Paige and Chloe in their outfits. A smile crept up on my face and imagined those two and Maddie on stage, with those costumes.

I was happy for them, I truly was.

"Let's goooo!" I heard my mom exclaim. I quickly applied the last bit of makeup, checked to make sure I had my phone, and walked out.

I guess you can say that I lucked out with the solo. I didn't want Ashley to see it. She'd probably say, "Oh, she's not smiling!"

I don't give a crap if I'm smiling or not, Ashley. You probably do, but I do not.

When we reached the auditorium, I sat down iin the first row, just in time. "Up next, we have entry 452 in the junior contemporary solo category, this is Maddie performing, 'No Hearts.''' Maddie walked on stage, looking absolutely gorgeous. We all knew she was going to do well.

The music started. She did not seem to be interested at all, unlike the real Maddie. All of a sudden, her legs legs started to get wobbly. Her knees shoook. She was at the thirty second mark, when BAM, she stopped dancing.

This did not happen since her, 'In My Heart' solo, which she litterally forgot. I didn't even know what happened to her. She was Maddie. The best dancer that I have ever come across. Maddie doesn't do this. Never.

"Let's give her a round of applause to make her feel comfortable," the announcer said. I clapped my hands lightly. Maddie was probably crying right now backstage, making Kendall go get her mom.

"Melissa! Melissa!" I heard someone shout. It was Kendall. Kendall looked really scared and out of breath. Melissa turned to her, her face pale white. "M-m-maddie ran outside and she was crying and I don't know, but we have to go find her!"