Getting Over Something is Harder Than You Think ***Paige***

I am used to getting called a horrible dancer. I am not the favorite, at all, and my mom just makes it worse. Since I am not the favorite, I really don't want to be around Abby because she isn't as tough on Maddie than me.

 Me and Chloe both agree.

 We are horrible.

 We won't get special attention.

 We'll always be back-up dancers.

 We won't get to be center stage.

 And I can never get over the fact.

********

-On The Bus-

 Abby marched onto the bus and looked around at everyone. She squinted, but then paused. Abby opened up her mouth to speak, but then shut it. Something wasn't right to her. I did not know what was going on, but I did realize the bus was unusually quiet.

 "Where is Mackenzie?" Abby asked. Maybe she had to go somewhere. Abby was probably saying that for the cameras. I wish Mackenzie was here though, everything would be better. Chloe tapped me on the shoulder and whispered, "What's up with Maddie?"

 Like I knew. I grunted and whispered, "I don't know, Chlo."

 "Maddie, where is your sister?" Abby asked Maddie. I glanced over at Maddie, to see what she would say, Instead, Maddie gulped and looked up. She wasn't being Maddie at all today.

 "She, um, can't make it at all. The producers of the show contacted us and told us, um, she could not come, for personal issues. Um, she was forced to go to a funeral. There are camera men there, and uh, yeah. And I mean forced. Like she had no choice." Okay, so this was told to happen. Maddie knew the answer right away. She gulped because she was afraid she was going to mess her lines up.

 "Okay," Abby said. "Now, I want to talk about something to you girls. 'Last One in Line'. As we know, Mackenzie was not able to make it on the bus, or the competition, so I have no idea what to do. I think that this number should not be changed around, Mackenzie came on the end, even though she is nine, so, it doesn't really matter." There wasn't a really big deal Kenz could not make it. True, it was sad, but, it didn't really matter.

 I watched as Abby took a breath and sat down. Maddie looked like she was about to cry, but Mackenzie was fine so it did not matter. Maybe Maddie was upset that her sister could compete, but was not there. Maddie will get like that.

 Chloe and I just decided to talk, until our moms called us over to do our make-up. All you could hear was sleet pelting the windows and Abby yelling, "Bus driver!" Maddie was sitting all by herself in the very last row, and I saw Chloe go to sit next to her quickly.

 Usually, when Chloe and I do make-up, we see who gets done first. Christi and Chloe always win because, well, Chloe has more oppurtounities than me and has to go through more quick changes. She still comes out looking flawless on stage.

 I soon saw Chloe coming back. I was worried about Maddie, so I decided to walk over to her after my hair and make-up were all done. My mom put one last gem along my eye and let me go. My hair hurt a lot in the up-do I had.

 "Chlo," I said while walking over to sit next to Chloe. "What's up with Maddie? I saw you trying to talk to her."

 She shrugged. "I honestly don't know, Paige. She wouldn't answer." Christ mom put the finishing touches on Chloe and her and I went back to our seat. Chloe looked amazing.

 We sat there for a while until Chloe tapped me on the shoulder. We walked over to Maddie's seat. Maddie had her head on her mother's lap, and Melissa was stroking her hair.