Acknowledgments | Character Interview

Start from the beginning

Asher - *looking disturbed* Okay, let's compromise. How about three?

Ellie - No.

Asher - *sighs helplessly then winks at Olivia* I'll convince her.

Olivia - Good luck with that. *giggles* Sorry to sadden the mood but do you plan to forgive Nora? *looks at Ellie*

Ellie - *looks uncomfortable* Eventually. I've realized that I don't wanna spend the rest of my life without her being there. So yeah, it's gonna take time and it's gonna be hard but nothing will make me happier than having a mother-daughter relationship with Nora.

Olivia - *smiles sympathetically* I'm sure you'll have an amazing relationship. While we're on the mom topic... Any news about Calla's mom? Will she ever wake up?

*everyone looks at the author*

Author - I don't know! I'm not her doctor. *shrugs*

Asher - *glares at her* Yeah right. Like you didn't make her suffer like that.

Author - Me? It was you or did you forget?

Asher - Ouch. *looks stricken*

Ashton - Well, the doctor says that things aren't looking good but they are still hoping.

Asher - And I'm holding onto that hope. *looks pointedly at the author*

Olivia - Why were you in rehab?

Asher - *sighs deeply* After the... you know, I was diagnosed with PTSD and depression and it became really hard for me to get through a single day. Some days I didn't even want to get out of bed. *shrugs and Ellie rubs his back comfortingly* I'm fine now, though. *gives a tight lipped smile* But to get at this point in my life it was really important for me to go into rehab. I didn't think it was necessary before I returned. I think I wanted to make myself suffer, but then something happened and it made me want to not suffer anymore. *looks into Ellie's eyes* Because when you suffer you take people who care about you down with you and I couldn't see that happening.

Olivia - *clears throat after a short amount of silence then mutters* Why is it so hot here? *clears throat again and then in normal voice* Why was your drink at the annual ball drugged? Who would do that?

Ellie - I always wondered that too. *slants her head to look at Asher*

Asher - Umm... it was me.

Brooke - Dude, that's messed up. Can't believe I was so head over heels for you. *shakes her head*

Asher - *ignores her* It was actually my medication that helps me sleep at night. Lately, normal doses hadn't been working for me so I doubled it. But clearly, someone thinks drinking other people's drinks is a great way to get back at them. *narrows his eyes at Ellie playfully. Ellie blushes in embarrassment*

Olivia - Ashton, I apologize in advance for how awkward this question is gonna be for you to answer, but readers' demands always come first. *smiles sympathetically* How did you feel about Ellie?

Ashton - To be honest, you scared me more with that apology. *chuckles lightly* For the sake of the people present here and to not make it any more awkward I'll just say that Ellie was definitely not like a sister to me.

Olivia - Oh. Well, you broke her heart by saying that. Why did you do it?

Ashton - Ah, that got me into a lot of trouble.