Chapter 7

For the second time that day I could feel dread seep into my body. I dared not look back and I didn't stop. Instead, I walked faster, just short of breaking into a sprint.

I heard the footsteps following me. The fear clawed its way inside me.

"Wouldn't you say hi?" the voice drawled and I cringed.

I cursed the second I made the decision to come here.

Congrats! You made it into the top 3 worst decisions of my life.

My mind stopped producing sane thoughts. All the thoughts were jumbled and I couldn't think straight.

There was no escape from this. Even if I run he could easily outrun me.

My heart started hammering as I thought of all the horrible things that could happen.

As I walked even faster I took out my phone and called the number on speed dial. I put it to my ear as I walked, not seeing where I was going. I just wanted to get the hell out of here.

Pick it up. Pick it up. Pick it up. I chanted in my head. Even if they didn't come on time. At least they would know I am in trouble. At least they would find my body.

I shook my head to push out morbid thoughts.

I cursed as the call went to voice mail.

God, dad where are you?

I don't care whatever lecture or punishment I would get. I would gladly agree to be grounded for the rest of my life. Right now I just wanted him to come and save me. I stopped short as I realized I had taken a wrong turn. It was a dead end.

"Dad-" I didn't even recognize my voice. It sounded so scared.

Before I could say anything else the phone slipped from my grasp as the man grabbed my arm and spun me around.

I looked down at the screen of my phone went black.

I tried to free my hand from his grasp but his grip was tight.

"Let me go!" I cried.

"I just wanna say hello sweet pea," he cooed. I looked at him in disgust. He seemed to be in his late twenties. He looked greasy with his unkempt hair and long messy beard. And he was clearly drunk.

"I don't want to," I said and tried again to get my arm out of his grip.

He blinked several times.

"Aww don't be difficult," he said.

He raised his other hand and I flinched. He ran his hand across my cheek.

"So soft," he murmured his eyes dilating. I wrinkled my nose. He reeked of alcohol.

I turned my face to the side to get out of his reach. But he kept touching me.

"Let me go or I'll scream," I threatened.

"No one will hear dear," he slurred.

I pushed at him with my other hand but he didn't budge. Instead, he grabbed it too. I looked at both my hands in his grasp, horrified beyond words. He held both of my hands in his large hand and roughly grabbed my chin with the other. Tears burned my eyes.

"Leave me," I screamed.

I kicked him in the shin. It was a feeble attempt on my behalf as it did nothing. I kept trying to get out of his grasp.

Tears fell from my eyes. I had lost every hope of escaping now. There was no way I could get out of this. I squeezed them shut as I saw him lean in. I didn't want to see it. I didn't want to see him assaulting me.