|4|

"Good,  because I'm tired of dealing with this attitude." He rolled his eyes, while I continued to try and catch my breath.

Brendon was walking out of the room, but I had to ask him a question.

"Brendon?"

"Yeah?" He turned around, placing a hand on the door while his eyebrows were furrowed.

"I don't want to have another anxiety attack again, and you really made me feel safe. So I was wondering if I could sleep with you for tonight." I knew I just pushed my luck. 

"Fine, just for tonight though." He said, going to grab my arm to bring me to his room, which was on the main floor. 

His room was kind of like what I thought it was. It was mostly black, but his bed was gray and had an Italian bed set. His bed was a queen sized bed, unlike mine, which was just a twin bed. 

"I get the right side," Brendon said, going to a bathroom connected to his room. He came out in a pair of batman pajamas.

"It looks like someone else lived here, is that true?" I asked, being the curious teenager I was. 

"Well, about a month ago, I met this girl, and then we had this huge problem, so I did something I shouldn't of. One thing led to another, I ended up lying to her, big time. When she found out, she did something to me and left with another man. I haven't seen her since, but man does she still run through my head all the time." He seemed to smile when he thought of that girl.

"Really?"

"No. I just randomly thought of that." He laughed. 

"Well, that's a big imagination you have there." I laughed, causing Brendon to laugh too. 

"You know, you're not as snobby as I thought you were." He commented, sitting on the bed as I stayed against the wall. 

"Yeah, must've just been shock or some crap like that." I looked down. I heard Brendon get up and then saw his silhouette engulf me. He placed his index and middle finger under my chin, pulling it up so I could see him.

"Look, I'm sorry for doing this to you, but you'll see it's important soon." He hugged me. I wrapped my hands around his back and squeezed. God, I so badly needed that hug. I started to tear up, just from stress.

"Are you crying?" He asked. I nodded in his chest and he started rubbing my back.

"Cmon, please don't cry." He rested his head on my shoulder. I let go of the hug and he looked at me, smiling, but not from actual happiness. More like a pity smile. He wiped my tears with the side of his hand and pulled me in for another hug.

"I'm sorry for being rude to you," I said, still in tears. He placed his hand on the back of my head, pulling me closer, yet again. 

"It's fine, just don't do it again." He rubbed my hair. We both let go at the same time, and Brendon, yet again, wiped my tears. 

"Cmon, let's go to bed." He went to the right side and I went to the left. 

"Goodnight Brendon."

"Goodnight Faelecia."

***
I woke up before Brendon, which really sucked because I need him to order me around. I just got up but stayed in the room, not snooping around. Brendon's slight snoring caught my attention. I looked over at him. His mouth was open and his arms were slung all over the bed. He also had one leg under the blanket and the other on top of it, which is what I do. 

He did a funny snore/snort and his eyes fluttered open. 

"How long have you been awake?" He asked. His hair was a mess, but still adorable. He took a pair of glasses off of his nightstand and put them on his face, making his nut-brown eyes just a tad bigger. 

"Like two to five minutes

"Like two to five minutes. I just thought that if I wasn't sleeping, I would get out of bed and give you more space, because when I woke up, your arm was slung over my neck." I laughed, causing Brendon to chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm like that."

"No, it's fine, I mean, it was your bed," I said, leaning against the wall.

"Well, maybe we should get breakfast, I mean, you didn't eat anything yesterday." He kinda laughed, but stopped when he saw that I wasn't.

"Am I gonna be able to take the spoon or any utensils?" I asked.

"Yes, of course, I was just purposely making you mad." He admitted, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"It's only knives, butter not included, and guns, crap like that. You know what I mean?"

I nodded and just stayed against the wall as Brendon got up, shirtless, yet that information is unimportant. He walked up in front of me, placing his hands on my shoulder and staring me in the eye. 

"Okay, I usually never do this, so this might be hard for me to do. But I'm so very sorry for giving you an anxiety attack yesterday." His voice seemed sincere and he looked sad for what he did.

"Apology accepted." I smiled. 

"Alright! Let's go get some breakfast!" He smiled, gently grabbing my hand and walking us out to the kitchen. 

I started humming quietly to myself when we got to the kitchen.

"What's that you're humming?" He asked, raising his eyebrow and smiling.

"A song I made about my departed father." I looked down, almost crying. 

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss." He said, rubbing my back as we continued walking. 

"Does it bug you if I ask the lyrics?" He asked. I shook my head and we sat down.

"They go like:
It's better to burn
Than to fade away
It's better to leave 
Than to be replaced
I'm losing to you
Baby, I'm no match
I'm going numb
I've been hijacked." 

This time I was comfortable singing in front of Brendon.

"My dad smoked all his life, and one day he was diagnosed with lung cancer, but he didn't stop. He was addicted. Then, he died on the table." I looked down but managed not to cry. 

"Wow, that was a nice song. You actually thought of the lyrics yourself?" He asked. I nodded and smiled at his compliment.

I like this Brendon.