Chapter 10

Status: edited

Johnny's P.o.V.

It's almost like I can't get on with my life.

Pony's been gone for a week now and I've missed him something awful. Right now Darry and Soda are on their way home from picking him up.

I've already got a new note for him written.

"Are you excited or something Johnny?" Dally chuckled slightly and I realized that I'd been tapping my feet.

I blushed and nodded. "I mean, he's my best friend. Of course I'm excited."

He ruffled my hair. "I'm just messing with you kid."

There was a growl of a car coming from outside. "They're back." Steve said, smiling while looking out the window.

I shot up from my seat and ran outside. I met Pony as soon as he got out of the car and tackled him into a hug.

"Johnny!" He yelled excitedly and squeezed me tight.

Tears had unconsciously started slipping down my cheeks. "I missed you so much!" I laughed into his shoulder.

We stayed in each other's arms for a long time, not wanting to let go. When we finally did pull away, he wiped off my tears.

"Boy you should have seen Johnny." Soda came over and ruffled my hair. "We weren't sure if he was gonna make it without you."

I blushed and Pony laughed. He laughed. "Well I'm here now."

I nodded. "Yeah. You being gone was driving me crazy."

"If yalls love fest is over, could we get a chance to see Pony?" Asked Two-Bit.

I quickly moved out of the way, my face heating up. I had missed Ponyboy so much, and now that he was finally back it's almost like I didn't know what to do.

He was only gone for a week, but a week away from the person you love most in the world is harder than anything.

I felt someone wrap an arm around my shoulder. Flinching slightly, I looked up to just see Soda. He grinned down at me. "Hey Johnnycakes."

I let a ghost of a smile appear on my lips. "Hi." I said quietly.

"I wanted to thank you for always being so nice to Pony. That paper you gave him, I dunno know what was on it but the entire car ride he had it in his hand, and smiled when he looked at it." He squeezed me lightly as I blushed.

"W-well he's my best friend. I'd do anything for him." I stuttered nervously, desperately trying hide my crush on the boy.

Soda smiled some and gave me a for real hug. I was shocked at first, but wrapped my arms around him as well.

When we let go of each other, I turned back to look at Pony who was glaring at me slightly.

My eyes widened and I looked around to make sure it was me he was looking at. It was.