Chapter 16

(Not edited, I'm sorry)

Chapter 16 - A Prized Possession *third person POV*

*third person POV*

Macie hadn't gone home that night, or the night after that, or the night after that. She couldn't stand to be in the same room with the most absentee sister in the world. Though she knew that she was slightly over exaggerating, her actions felt justified.

She'd been staying at the Andrews since her and Jughead were taken into questioning, but the only thing worse than being in the same room as her sister at this point was being in the same house as Jughead. Every time she had convinced herself that she didn't have feelings for him, that it was only built up due to the undeniable fact of their friendship, somehow it always got to her as they sat beside each other at breakfast or when he would go over to Betty's house. The only thing that she wasn't picking up by the amount of time that they spent together was how much Jughead loved her. That having Betty, an equivalent to the girl that he'd been falling over for, actually paid attention and showed interest in him than just friends was considered perfectly fine.

Not that Betty was a back up for him because he saw how beautiful, smart, charismatic, and overall dorky the blonde was and he enjoyed her little quirks. It was just that he knew that there was no chance between he and Macie within any universe or side profile they were looked at, they would always continue being best friends.

As the boys played video games upstairs in Archie and Jughead's room, Macie sat downstairs semi-watching tv. Mr. Andrews soon came home, noticing her sitting lazily on her bed as if she hadn't had any motivation to move in days. As the older brunette was about to walk up to his room, he heard the young teenage girl let out an over exaggerated sigh. He then walked down the few steps and over to her.

"Macie, why are you sitting down here alone?" Mr. Andrews asked, visibly tired from his long day at work.

"Jughead and Archie are playing video games upstairs." She shrugged.

"Don't you like video games? Why don't you go join them?"

"Have you smelt their room?!" Macie exclaimed. "I'm pretty sure something died up there."

"I doubt it smells that bad." He argued, taking the remote from her as a signal to follow him up the stairs. Once he door opened, an overwhelming crushing scent of dirty laundry and body odor overpowered the both of them. Macie began to uncontrollably cough into the shirt she was wearing as it covered half her face. "Whoa, it's getting ripe in here. Someone wanna open a window?"

Archie stood up off his rolling chair and opened his window. "I got it." He said.

"You settling in, Jug?" Mr. Andrews asked as Macie hurried over to the window and opened a little more than Archie had.

"Oh, completely. Like Archie and I are roommates in a college dorm." Jughead smiled before looking over to Macie. "Well...co-ed dorm..." he corrected himself as he began laughing at the strawberry blonde.