Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Riverdale  "So, Mace, have you tried out for the cheerleading  squad yet?" My red headed best friend, Archie Andrews, asked on FaceTime as I laid down on my bed

"So, Mace, have you tried out for the cheerleading squad yet?" My red headed best friend, Archie Andrews, asked on FaceTime as I laid down on my bed.

"I don't think I have to. I was on it last year, during the summer, and Cheryl basically loves me. I'm technically already on it." I gushed as I then turned over on my stomach and sat my phone up against my elevated pillow as Archie was doing his usual late-night shirtless push-ups.

"So did you hang out with Jug this summer?" He then asked as his breathing started to hitch.

"Between cheer, mathletes, class president duties, and overall sleeping and trying to keep track with Betty; I haven't had the time." I sighed, laying my head down on my arm.

"What kind of class president duties are there during the summer?" Archie laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you really expect the semi-formal AND homecoming to plan itself?!" I huffed. "What about you?"

"We were supposed to go on a road trip on July 4th, but I couldn't really make it." He sighed and I raised my eyebrow as I picked up my head while he was finishing up.

"Then where were you?" I asked.

"Nowhere." Archie simply stated with a sweaty shrug.

"Archie Andrews, if you don't tell me." I started to scold, but he just shook his head.

"Nowhere." He repeated, but I hadn't dropped my knowing scold. He then stood up straight and went up to his cell phone, holding it up to his face that way I could see the sweat glands closer.

"Attractive." I commented with a grimacing face and he smiled. Then I got a notification that Betty, our mutual best friend, texted me. "One sec, it's Betty."

"What'd she say?" Archie asked and I opened my messaging app. 'Are you talking to Archie?' She asked and I typed a yes. Then within seconds she typed back 'Burgers?'

"Wanna go out for burgers?" I asked as I went back to our video chatting and he shrugged. "Tell her."

"Can't, I've gotta take a shower." He sighed as I watched him hold his phone beside his hip and pick out a shirt from his closet.

"All because you got hot during the summer doesn't mean that you get to just hold me at your hip, mister!" I grunted and he then held me up, but didn't really pay attention as he put a shirt on.

"Pick you up in 10?" He asked.

"More like 15..?" I suggested and he chuckled before hanging up.

•••

After I got ready in a t-shirt and skirt, Archie picked me up and we walked over to Riverdale's best burger spot, Pops.

"So what was the highlight?" Archie asked Betty after we sat at a booth and awaited for the waitress.