Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - Guilty

Chapter 9 - Guilty

I woke up groggily and walked to the bathroom while continuously rubbing my eyes. Without even thinking, I barged into the bathroom to see Jughead staring at his reflection intently with a towel around his waist.

He jumped up, terrified of me walking in on him and I gasped, darting my eyes to the ground after I noticed that it was really Jughead in there. My childhood best friend. I hurriedly closed the door as my cheeks got hot. "I am so sorry, Juggie." I panicked with wide eyes and I heard a breathy chuckle from inside as I laid my back against the door.

"No no, it's fine." Jughead stated before opening the door and I spun around to look at him. He had this wide smile as he couldn't stop chuckling while looking down at the ground. I looked him up and down as Juggie went to take his clothes off the bathroom counter. When he stood in front of me, I cleared my throat and moved to the side that way he could walk past me. "Bathrooms all yours."

I watched as he walked to my room to get dressed as I raised my eyebrow. When did Juggie get so...hot?

"Wow..." I whispered after he had closed my bedroom door and I shook my head before going into the bathroom to get ready for school.

After I finished getting ready and dressed, I went down the stairs where Jughead was eating toast.

"Sorry, I just kind of-" he started to justify, but I shook my head with a wave of a hand.

"It's fine." I sighed, not making eye contact as I went to the counter he was leaning on to get an apple from behind him.

"M, are you okay?" He asked, staring down at me intently. I shrugged with a small smile as I took my fruit to the sink to wash it.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked with a small chuckle. "Oh yeah, about the bathroom--" I wanted to start to apologize, but he shook his head with a small wave as I did before.

"Forgotten." Jughead stated with slightly raised eyebrows by what I saw over my shoulder and I nodded slightly, going back to my fruit. "Don't you think it's clean by now?" He asked behind me with a laugh and I nodded, forgetting that I've been washing this single fruit for about a minute.

"I like to...make sure they're extra clean!" I stalled, spinning around to be met with Jughead who seemed to be standing directly behind me. I felt a heat start to go up my neck before  clearing my throat and moving to the side to get to the other side of the counter top. This is so weird...I haven't blushed because a guy since middle school!

Soon Jughead and I left the house for school. Archie had texted me that he and Betty were walking together, so there was no point in stopping by.

That morning in biology, the sheriff, a deputy and Mr. Wetherbee had come into the classroom cautiously.

"Your're here for me, aren't you? Because of the autopsy?" Cheryl had concluded, staring at the three older men beside the door frightened.

"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl." Principle Weatherbee said quietly.

"It's all right, Principal Weatherbee. They'll find out soon enough.." Cheryl stated bravely. Soon standing up afterward, extending her wrists outward as if awaiting for the handcuffs. I raised an eyebrow, looking to Jughead beside me and he had his eyes fully attended to the scene before us.

"That won't be necessary." Sheriff Keller had sighed.

"Wait, Cheryl, find out what?" Veronica asked from behind the red headed young teenager.

"...that I'm guilty.." Cheryl stated sadly, staring off into space. After those three words, the deputy and sheriff soon gently took Cheryl out of the classroom and down the hall.

*Jughead Narration*

As shocking as those three words were, they were nothing compared to the secrets that Jason's body had given up during its autopsy. That Jason didn't die on July 4th, as we believed, but over a week later.

•••
Sorry, I have to stop this chapter here because that's the last of the episode. BUT because I took so long updating this one, I will be updating at least twice today so stay tuned and have a lovely day :D