Chapter 10: Blood and Gore

ابدأ من البداية

As if he heard me, Jon's eyes closed and not a second later were once again open, but different. I knew I saw it, his eyes were burning red and now, they were once again plain sea blue. It must not have been anything, just a certain way the light hit his eyes, nothing more. Right?

MARK'S POV

I held on to Jon for dear life. "Don't you ever dare do anything like this to me ever again! Do you hear me?"

His strong arms wrung around my neck, almost depriving me of oxygen. "Never."

His whisper formed around the back of my neck, his face hidden deep in the joint between my neck and shoulder. "You scared me half to death, you git!"

The rumbles of soft chuckles made my spine prickle with joy as his breath, once again, softly brushed the nape of my neck. "I scared myself as well."

I pried him loose off my neck and held his face between my palms. As I looked into his blues, something, like a spark, flew across them, making my brows fly up on my forehead. I brushed the thought aside, thoe, as he leaned in for a kiss. Instead of one, I started kissing his whole face. His nose. The slightly curved chin, the trail from it to his earlobe, kissing every free space of jaw on the way. His cheekbones and the eyelids. The brows and that little space between them that curiously had never frowned before. Slowly,  I worked my way across his face, my lips remembering every centimeter of his skin. I never expect to be blind or get into an accident that might make me lose my vision, but if I will, I will never forget his face now, it being memorised to perfection by my lips.

"I don't think I could live without you ..." I whispered barely loud enough for him to hear, right before my lips dropped on his.

Jon pulled away from the kiss, looking at me strangely. "Do you mean that?"

I smiled, what a stupid sort of question was that? "Of course, silly."

I cocked my head to the side as he inched closer to me, barely leaving enough space for a hair between our bodies. "If you don't want me to, I am never letting you go, Marcus."

With that said, he leaned in. I expected him to kiss me or lick my neck like he had done at the beach, but instead he bit me. I couldn't help but let out a soft whimper between my closed lips, my teeth grinding together. His sharp teeth that had just punctured my skin seemed to move, sucking at my neck, as if he was drawing out the life out of me. It surely felt that way, as my eyelids began to close. I felt the blood oozing out of me and slowly trickling into the sea bellow me. It seems silly, but I felt like an offering to the big bad Ocean, like a prize. I was nothing but. As my eyelids shut, taking away all the colours from my world, I could still remember every curve of his face.

His perfect, shifty, deceitful face. The one that broke my heart right before the world vanished.

EXTERNAL POV

Stheno was standing on the deck, looking over to the islet. His gaze followed the Zemid as his face formed a slight smile. He knew the male had never drunk human blood before, it had been obvious by his Titan form's discoloration, but he also knew how dangerous a Titan was, when out of control. He needed a truce or he would have killed everybody in sight to keep his mate out of harm's way. And with the feeding, his mind was just slightly out of tick, perfect for the irrational mind to take seed. If luck were on Stheno's side, the Zemid would be turning his mate right about now, making him a full-blooded Glaucus.

A lowly Siyokoy came into Stheno's presence. He hated the kind, lowlier than a common merman, the Syokoy were only a sea creature that have a human form and scaled body. He much prefered their female counterpart, Sirens. They, on the other hand at least knew how to lour prey in. This Siyokoy in particular, he hated to the extreme. With only scaled legs and webbed feet, long, green tentacles for hair, he seemed much more like the prey Stheno so enjoyed to drink from, than a proud fish.