Chapter 8: The Blue Sea

Chapter 8

MARK'S POV

I woke up, my head resting on Jon's broad shoulders. Upon looking to the sky, I saw the clouds had gathered together, forming an upcoming storm. I winced as I saw a lightning bolt far away, and hid my head in the crook of Jon's neck. His left arm draped around me, as I snuggled even deeper into him, trying to morph into one being. His chuckles echoed through my body, as my ear was pressed tightly against him, making the laugh even louder and deeper than it would be, had I only sat beside him without touching. But I couldn't do that, I don't think I was physically capable of being away from Jon. Every minute, heck, every second that passed, made me want to stay with him forever. And it made me sad, to think we only had some decades if not even less to spend in each other's presence. I think, at least I hope, he would understand my need to be with him. I mean, he's different, I don't know how I know that, but besides the tingles, he feels different. Almost, as if he weren't human. That was probably only my wishful thinking, and yet, I wondered. Would he still care for me if he were something more than human? Would he still hold me as such, not wanting me to be afraid of little lightning? Would he be as sweet and as caring?

Probably not, and yet, the tiniest of hopes resided in my heart, that if Jon were indeed something more, he would still care for me. Deeply and undoubtedly.

"Hey babe, what are you thinking about?" Jon moved around a bit, so he could look me in the eye.

I shook my head, not wanting him to know what had been going around in this crazy brain of mine. "Just thinking."

He seemed to ponder a bit but then smiled warmly and leaned forward, pressing his lips to my forehead, before he snuggled my head with his once more. "Do not worry, Marcus. If you wish not to speak of it, then I shall not investigate further. Just know, I am here for you and I worry. A lot."

The right corner of my mouth pulled up a bit, forming a slight smirk that played on my face for a while. "I know, and thank you, Jon. I don't know what I would do without you. I can't even imagine staying with that b--" "Ssh. Do not taint your tongue with crude names for the human. She is not worth it. Her destiny had been sealed the first time she laid her eyes on you, for she was taking what is mine."

My brows furrowed at his making me sound like a property, but he saw that. "Please, do not feel worried, I only speak from genuine concern. I do not wish to offend, when I call you mine. I only wish for everybody to know that if they so much as harm an atom on your head, I shall destroy their families."

A smile formed on my face as I looked into his eyes. He really would destroy the whole world to get to me if I had been in trouble, wouldn't he?

"Hey Jon? Can I ask you something?" He squeezed my arm, giving me his approval to do so.

"You've said it a couple times now, but I don't really understand it completely. When you call somebody human, what do you mean by it, exactly?" I felt his body tense as he stared into the deep ocean underneath us.

The ship we were on had been carrying us from the island to main land and we'd need about five more hours to reach the land. The ship wasn't very big, but it was spacious enough to transport passengers along with their cars. There were also some shops in the lobby and a diner on the second floor, but we hadn't had the pleasure to visit any of those yet. We had been sitting on the deck, looking at the water this whole time. I think we had both been thinking about some stuff we didn't want to share with the other. Just as he was finally going to tell me something, two tourists came up to the deck, to take photos. Jon drew into himself once again, leaving me to wonder about his interesting insults.