Chapter 7: Two Shadows

Chapter 7

MARK'S POV

Standing at the entrance, I saw them, being illuminated by the sunshine, which was cowering behind them. The two men, which I loved in quite different ways. The best friend, whom I'd marry in a heartbeat, and the man I would gladly spend the rest of eternity with. Provided there was a bed and food. I would not spend any time with either of them, if there was no food. Tee hee, I'm bad, I know.

With a halt in his action, Jon stepped a bit forward, his face now visible in the confinments of he church walls. How did I get so lucky? Wait, does the fact that he is here mean, that he really is going to stop the wedding? Is he really going to forbid me from marrying her?

I could feel the blood rushing to my face, instantly making me feel warm. Was it hot in here? Who would've though that a Church would be hot? I gulped, fixing my tie a bit as I fixed my gaze on the man, standing at the end of the aisle. His strong muscles bulging under the silk black button-up he was wearing. My gaze searched farther down south and my breath hitched a bit. Under the shirt, I could see the pair of legs being draped in the tightest pair of black denim I have ever seen, exposing some lines that should be rated PG-13 in front of the Lord's eyes... Oh, fuck it, He shouldn't complain, at least now there's something to watch other than old people.

I moved my eyes back to his face, seeing that there was a slight smirk playing around his mouth. He knew, didn't he? That sly dog, I bet he dressed that way just to taunt me. Cheeky bastard.

I couldn't help it as my own lips twiched by their own accord, moving into a slight, sexy smirk. Take that,  mister!

At that moment, there was somebody from the audience, who cleared their throat. As if by magic, Jon suddenly snapped back, opening his mouth. "I object." He repeated himself.

"I object to this wedding, because as this Bible of yours says, that the holy matrimony should be between two people who love and cherish each other. There is nothing in the book that says a person has to stay in that commited relationship, if they are being forced into it. It says nothing about the fact that one person is willingly forcing the other one into unholy acts of pleasure. It says nothing about one person lying to the other and getting away with it. It says nothing about that same person not getting punished for their misbehaviour. And you, Bethenny Taylor Mavis, have misbehaved. You have lied, cheated and scared the man standing next to you into obedience. He is not here by his own will or his wishes, he is here by your request. You have deceived him and forced his hand when you knew he was going to leave you. I am appaled by you and I cannot stand idly by and watch you destroy the man I love." With that he turned to me, the whole church still silent from the awful realisation of bride's actions. "Jon, I do. I really do love you. I have ever since that moment in the bar, even before really. For a while now, you've been my only reason to live and if you were to marry this woman, my heart would simpy stop beating. Not from heartbreak but from the pain I know she would inflict on you. I can already see the consequences of her lies. Don't you see she's manipulating you? There is no baby, Marcus. Only lies."

I stood there, frozen in spot, not knowing what to do or say. Should I break off the engagement? Should I run into his arms? Or perhaps, I need to man up, take responsibility. Yes, I need to take care of the child, because surely, his mother wouldn't. I lifted my eyes, looking at Jon, hoping he would understand. Please understand, I love you, but the baby needs me.

DANNY'S POV

I am a coward. I ran away from him, knowing fully well he didn't sleep with her at the party. But how could I tell him the one he slept with wasn't her, but his best friend. We didn't even sleep really, just played around a bit. Nothing awful, nothing serious. And still, I wish it were. I wish I hadn't drugged him so he would remember every moment and every moan his perfect, velvety lips let out when I touched him. How I craved for him to acknowledge my love, but how can he when he doesn't even know I want him. The playful texts, the naughty winks, the little slaps on that perfect little butt of his, nothing shows him my true feelings. For all he knows, I'm messing around because we're bros. And we all know that bros have the no homo rule.