Chapter 27

(Because an INSANE amount of people were begging for another chapter, here is something I made up quick! BUT before you start reading, please add my story "Disparate" to your reading lists! It is SO much like this story (like legit), but with faster updates! Anyways, enjoy!)

Mia

He's crazy.

At least that's one thing he hasn't lost.

I've been forcing myself to find that little things in Archer that I can cling onto. Things that haven't changed about him. His courage. His witty attitude. The blueness of his eyes. His toughness. But there is one thing I forgot he had.

He's insane.

Going back to the mayors? He's out of his mind. Why would he want to go back to who had caused him so much pain, so much horror?

I guess I also forgot how kind hearted he was.

He had caused these bombs, I think that part is clear. He injured a lot of people, but was it all his fault? No. How could he have known? There is something in him that's triggering these bombs.

"You're not really going to go, are you?" I ask, mostly because my mind just can't wrap around the fact that he would choose to go back to Evelyn.

"I'm going to go," he begins, "I think she wants me to come back."

"What?" I say, and we both stop and stare at each other. Something takes over my mind. I want to kiss him again. Last night, when he finally allowed me to kiss him, I started having hope again. That he would return back to the old Archer. That maybe, just maybe, we could love each other all over again.

"She knows killing innocent people will make me want to run. I think she'll be waiting where she took me in the first place."

"You mean in the woods?" I ask, not adding the 'you mean where I pushed you down the hill?' part.

He nods. "I think that was her plan all along. To bring me back here to kill Alliance members, then go right back to her."

"I mean, it makes sense," I say, "but-"

"I know what you're going to say."

"What?" I ask.

"That we should tell Dave. That we need to let everyone know, so you all can try to project me."

Did I mention that he hasn't lost his smarts either?

"Exactly." I say, but he's not amused.

"I'm not the one who needs to be protected no more," Archer sighs, "you have to know that."

"But you also have to know that I still care for you, meaning I want to come with you."

"You would go back to Evelyn?" He asks, and I nod. "I can't lose you again."

"You've lose me what, about two, maybe even three times? I've always come back."

Oh no, you come back alright. Just not as the real Archer.

"Well, I'm sick of waiting." I smile, and all of a sudden, he comes in quick and presses his lips on mine. It's short, just a quick peck, but my face reddens. He steps back and we give each other a long stare.

"I like doing that," he finally says, and I look at him strangely. "What, kissing?"

"Kissing you."