Chapter 1

I can't remember the last time I've done something without a worry. This past month has been nothing but worry. Will I be safe, will I survive? All of that has been in my head nonstop ever since I left my dome.

And now that it's gone, I never realized how much stress that gave me, how much anxiety overtook me. Hell, how much I've changed. I wasn't really myself, I was stuck in survival mode. I took every breath wondering if that would be my last.

All that's gone.

Well, for now.

I glance up at Archer, who is walking next to me. Archer. The boy who's been with me since the beginning of this journey. The first boy I've actually ever seen in real life. My dome filled with females taught me to be enemies with males. They taught me to hate them, and said they were dangerous.

Guess I never listened.

I trusted this boy with my life, and he held onto my trust with his own life.

I stare up at his dark brown hair, which has tints of gold in it from the sun. His eyebrows are thick and dark, like each hair was ever so carefully placed to make it perfect. His jawline is so sharp, yet so delicate.

And then he looks down at me with those eyes. Blue. They are so blue. If you wanted to go to the ocean to see the blue water, you don't have to. His eyes are the same color, if not bluer. You wouldn't believe it until you actually saw them. They are like a weapon. I thought that to myself before, and they still are to me. Just one look and its like the blue in his eyes drown my brown ones.

"What dome are we going to?" Im almost startled when Archer speaks, his eyes now turned to Dave. Just us three and another man close to Dave are here, walking.

"Dome twenty-two." He replies.

I see Archer's nose twitch. Just that small moment gives me the answer.

"That was your dome?"

He looks down at me and nods. "Yeah."

"Well, here we are. You okay with going in?" Dave asks, and Archer nods. I stare at the dome now right in front of my eyes, and all the males in it. One man opens the door for us, and we all step in.

"Our mayor left, and some others. The rest of us want to join." The man who opened the door says. Dave talks to him while Archer and I take a look around. I immediately feel all eyes on me. Of course.

They've never seen a female.

Only in history books, but not in real life. Though some males just pay attention to Archer. Some walk up to him and slap his back, they must've known him pretty well before. We tell them to grab what they want to bring and head outside. Most of them are already ready, so it goes quick. Archer and I start walking back to the door

"Archer!"

I turn around at the voice. It sounded distant, but the boy stands right in front of us.

"Long time no see, am I right?" His smile is big, and so is his figure. He's large and well built, his muscles sticking through his shirt. His black hair is thick and is scattered everywhere. His eyes are green, but not bright like Archer's eyes.

But I can see him and Archer being friends. Though the boy looks rougher, I can't forget that Archer can be rough too, though he controls it.

This guy looks dangerous.

"Casper." Archer mumbles, and my eyes widen. Archer did say he had a best friend...

Did have one. He said they weren't friends anymore.

"Ah, look at ya, surviving and shit. I honestly didn't know if you were going to make it. I was worried about you, Ar."

"Shut up." Archer hisses.

Yep, this was his best friend.

"Oh, come on." Casper says cooly. "I actually did miss you. Honest."

"Jackass." I glance at Archer, who is furious.

"You can't actually believe that I actually hated you.."

"I believed you," Archer says, clenching his fists. Casper holds his hands up as if he's given up. "Okay, relax. Just stop talking to me after all these years of being fucking good friends." I see him shoot a glance at me, like he didn't even realize I was there.

"Looks like you don't need me anyway. You even got yourself a girl." Casper looks at me, his eyes trailing up and down. "Damn, they are better then the pictures in books."

My face grows red as Archer reacts quickly. "Shut your fucking mouth." He growls.

"I guess I'm just confused on why a tough badass like you is with a girl so..." He pauses as I stare at him.

"Innocent."

And that's when I walk straight up to him and yank his shirt, startling him a bit.

"You think I'm innocent? Well, I'm sure as hell not. I've killed people. I've done more things in a month than you have your whole life. So don't go judging anyone here at the Alliance, unless you want to get you're ass whooped." Archer grabs my arm. "Come on." He says, pulling me away from Casper.

"Maybe your the one who's innocent, Ar." I hear Casper, and I no longer see Archer. I turn around and see Casper on the ground, holding his cheek.

"That's enough, Archer." I hear Dave yell, and we both walk out the door. We all wait until Casper gets out, and the group follows us back to the Alliance. Casper doesn't even try to talk to us. Dave asks what happened, but we don't say much. In fact, we're all silent until we reach the Alliance. All the males are curious, so we each take a group and show them around. Once we're done, Dave tells Archer and I another dome is ready to go.

We spend the whole day going to domes and bringing people back. We set up tents for them just for the night. Archer and I head to our rooms, exhausted.

"I'm glad people are joining, but it's only going to get worse." I look up at Archer, who stops in front of his door and looks at me.

"What do you mean? We have more people to fight." I look at him and smile a little. "Archer, we're safe."

He shakes his head no. "No, we're not safe. The government probably wants us dead more than anything now." He says.

"So, what do you think they'll do?" I ask, a little worried.

Archer shrugs. "Anything. Anything to get us."

Hello everyone!!!!

So chapter one is finally up!! Sorry it's kind of boring, but it'll get better👍

Also please continue to vote and comment!!!!! Thank you guys so much!!!😊