Chapter 12

Mia's POV

"I really wonder how you and Archer got together."

I stare at Casper, who's aiming for the target, but I see the smirk on his face.

"What are you saying?"

"Are you guys..serious?" Casper looks straight at me, and I give him a disgusted look.

"No! Your sick, you know that?" I say, aiming the gun and getting a bullseye.

"I'm just saying if you two aren't together, I'm free." Casper's eyebrows raise, and I put the gun away and glare at him.

"Never," I say, and I look past him and see Lydia shooting. "But, I do know someone you would probably like."

"Is she hot?"

"See for yourself."

I point, and Casper turns around and stares at Lydia. He glances back at me and waves, now heading over to her. I roll my eyes and leave the range. I see Dana at a table, and I take a seat by her.

"There you are! Have you found Archer yet?" She asks, and I shake my head no. Her eyes immediately grow wide.

"What? You haven't found him? Mia, this is serious, where is he?"

"I don't know." Is all I say. Dana stands up right away, looking around. "Mia, we have to tell Dave.-"

"No!" I stand up and grab her arm, with startles her a bit. "We can't-I just, I wanted to figure this out."

"Yeah, wait to figure it out by shooting and talking to Casper. Real nice." Dana walks away, heading towards our room. I sigh, seeing Dave at another table.

"Dave." I say, walking up to him. He looks up and smiles. "What's going on?"

When I don't answer, his face grows pale. My eyes start to water, this is all so familiar. Like the like last time Archer was taken.

"Archer's gone."

***

"Okay, we're almost there." Dave says as we all sit in the van, preparing.

Once I told Dave Archer was missing, he decided we should head to the government, to see if anyone was still there. He asked for volunteers, two of them being Adam and Dana. Besides us three, the other four are adults.

The van stops, and we all get out quickly, holding our guns. I look at the government, seeing the huge hole in the wall, when they attacked. When they saved Archer and I. I swallow down bile as I keep my gaze on the building. The place where I lost Archer the first time. The place where we almost died.

The place that haunts and holds Archer's secrets.

"Let's go inside. Looks empty, but still." Dave says. We all walk single file to the building, then split up once we're inside. I walk with Adam and Dana, down a hallway I've never been down. Adam carefully opens a door, and we all peek inside.

"The presidents desk." Dana says, slowly walking in.

"Well, nobody's here. Let's go," Adam says, but Dana walks in anyway.

"There could be big secrets in here. Maybe one of these papers will tell us where Archer is." Dana says, facing us.

"We have to keep looking," is all I say. Dana turns back around, ignoring us. She walks in closer, examining the desk. She presses her hand against the desk...

And I hear beeping.

"Dana!" I scream, and she tries to get out as fast as she can, while I grab Adam and tug him back. But it's too late.

Because the bomb goes off.

Brick and rubble falls everywhere, and smoke blinds me. I hear Adam coughing next to me, grabbing my arm and pulling me to my feet. I lean against the beat up wall, only seeing Adams shadow going into the smokey room.

"Dana!" He screams, and I see him leaning down. I feel a pair of hands on my shoulder, and see Dave's worried face. More people come, heading towards Adam.

"Are you okay?" Dave asks, and I nod, keeping my gaze on the people in the room. I watch as someone picks up a lifeless Dana up in his arms, and my eyes immediately move to her left leg.

But her left leg isn't even there.

I scream along with Dana, not able to bring my eyes away from the horrific sight. Her whole leg is burnt off, all the way up to her knee. Blood is everywhere. On the floor, on the people, on Dana's whole body.

I feel my legs moving, but I don't understand how I'm running right now. But my body goes on, running out the building and back into the van. Dana is set on the floor, towels wrapped around her injury. She won't stop screaming. Every scream she lets out makes Adam even more of a wreck. He's sobbing, clutching onto Dana's hand for life. I'm crying too, seeing Dana like this hurts so bad.

Dana can't die.

She's been my friend ever since I got to the Alliance. Hell, she's my best friend, she's never left my side. Archer is missing, Tami betrayed me, I can't lose Dana like this.

"She's losing too much blood! Someone do something!" Adam sobs, looking around helplessly, his eyes desperate. I grab Dana's other hand, looking down at her pale face.

"It's okay. Fight it Dana, stay awake." I whisper. She looks up at me, then Adam, and manages a smile.

"Dana please," Adam whispers, his dirty blonde hair a mess. He holds in a sob. "Hold on, big sis." He leans down and kisses her forehead, more tears flowing down his eyes like a river. Dana's lips quiver, and her face is almost pure white. I look back up at a panicked Dave.

"They got us," he whispers, his face full of stress.

"What are you saying?" I ask.

"I'm saying that they got us in the palm of their hand. They put that bomb there, knowing we would go there, searching for Archer and answers. Their winning, and we didn't even know this was a game." Dave says nervously.

I look back down at Dana, who's eyes are slowly closing. I clench my fists, the government did this.

And it's time they get a piece of their own medicine.

Hello!!'

FINALLY ANOTHER CHAPTER!!

What did you think?? PREDICTIONS ON WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO DANA?!?! Please comment overall thoughts, and also vote!

Thanks 😄