Chapter 9

Archer's POV

Do you ever wake up, and totally have no idea what day it is and all of a sudden blank out on everything? But soon enough, seconds later you realize what day it is and what you were planning for that day. And your either pleased or upset about the results. But, in that confused moment, you might feel...free. Like you had no plans, no worries, for just one moment in your life.

That wasn't me.

I opened my eyes, finding myself in the back of a car, my arms tied. I quick slammed my shoulder into the window, acting on impulse. Escape. That was the only thing in mind. It wasn't until Evelyn spoke that I had no clue why I was here.

"Relax. We're here." Evelyn said, turning around to look at me. I ignored her and kept slamming my shoulder into the glass, although I know it's hopeless. Evelyn let out a puff of air. "Or just waste all your energy on trying to get out of a car that you will be getting out of in just a second."

I stopped, looking out the window. All I could see was the large wooden house, although you could call it a mansion. There's men outside, guarding the building. My whole body shook as my door opened, and men dragged me out. Evelyn stood in front of me, smiling.

"Since the damn Alliance burned down a part of the government building, this is our new one. Top secret, if you will." Evelyn says, winking. I clench my jaw, feeling so much anger in me my eyes start to water.

"I hate you," I manage to spit out, but Evelyn just laughs a little.

"You know, I can understand that. Although you must understand that I hate you just as much."

I stop, pulling against the men. "Then kill me."

Evelyn stops too, turning around. She holds that sick smirk on her lips, and I cringe.

"Oh no. That would be doing you a favor, wouldn't it?" She continues to walk, all the way to the wooden door. She walks in, and later I walk in, staring at the brown wooden walls. Men and women are sitting at tables or standing up and chatting, all in suites.

The mayors.

Intelligent, thoughtful, dangerous, that's what mayors are. They are the rulers of the domes, or they were. They know what their doing, they are powerful.

And I'm surrounded by them.

The men stop in the middle of the room, letting me go but still stand close. I watch as the mayors stop talking, and lay their eyes on me. Evelyn stands close to me too, smiling proudly. She rests a hand on my shoulder, and I'm too scared to even shake it off.

"Finally got the bastard." I hear a familiar voice and see Sarah walk up, her dark eyes staring right though me. Sarah. The mayor of dome one, who captured Mia and I. Shivers run down my spine as I glance at her.

"Abby, take him to his cell."

Shit.

My eyes immediately fill up with tears as Abby walks up. She smiles as she puts a rope over my head, resting on my neck. She grabs the end and pulls, and I walk forward, the rope digging into the back of my neck. We walk downstairs, and I see three cells. She opens the one with a chair in it, and she locks both of us in. She stands there, rope still in hand.

"Please, don't." I say, worried that she'll beat me again, like she did the last time I was at the government.

"I'm not going to crack your rib in half again," she says, rolling her eyes.

My rib was cracked in half?

"Sit." She orders, and I do, right on the chair. She first takes my shirt off, and wraps chains over my waist and legs, and I start to panic.

"What are you.."

"Shut up," she hisses, and she comes closer and closer until she's actually sitting on my lap, facing me. She rests her hands on my face, looking at my eyes.

"Your eyes, they-"

"Are blue." I hiss, struggling against her body on my legs. All she does is smile, keeping my face in her hands. "That just makes you even more-attractive."

And then I suddenly feel her lips crash on mine forcefully, causing me to move my face away. But her grip on my face is strong, and I'm chained to the chair. She releases her lips, a slight smile on her face.

"What are you doing?" I ask, pressing my lips together, but she kisses me again.

I know what a kiss is. Mia and I kissed not too long ago. A kiss is for love, for a relationship. Even I know whatever Abby is doing is wrong.

"Stop!" I shake my face back and forth, and she actually lets go. But I look up and see her glare. She wraps her arms on my shoulders, gripping the back of my neck.

"Shut up or I'll shove my whole tongue down your fucking throat." She kisses me again, her tongue entering my mouth. Tears spill from my eyes, and I let out a quiet cry. She lets go again, wiping the tears from my eyes, but right after putting her lips on mine.

"W-why are you doing this?" I ask, my voice filled with utter desperation.

Abby releases her lips from mine for a quick moment, and I take the time to take a deep breath. "Oh, it's not just me." She whispers, putting her lips back on mine forcefully, making me sob out. "I'm not the only one in this." She smirks, knowing that that one look will scare me like no other.

"Please." I croak, ignoring her teeth biting my bottom lip, making it go numb.

"You see Archer, I'm just a piece in this.." She positions herself closer to my body, making it impossible to breath. My heartbeat quickens while her relaxes. "In this...puzzle." She raises her head, observing my helpless, tear-stained face. She backs up a little, once again wiping my fresh tears that slowly fall down my cheeks. She then rests her hands on my shoulders, letting the silence scare me senseless. Only my unsteady breathing fills the air. I barely even noticed Abby's genuine smile until I have the gut to look her in the eye. She laughs a little, cupping my chin in her hand.

"Oh, sweetie. I'm just one piece." She lifts up her pointer finger, as if I didn't head her say 'one'. But that smile on her face turns into a smirk again.

"You've got a whole fucking puzzle coming your way."

Hello!!

So, sorry if this chapter was maybe a little...disturbing??? I tried to not make it too "hot" with Abby and Archer, it goes along with the story and the whole 'puzzle' thing.

But do you have any thoughts or predictions?!?!?!?!!! What will happen?!

But anyway, I hoped you enjoyed. Please please please vote and comment!!! Thank you!😄