Chapter 5

Archer's POV

Despite Adam's dumb joke, he was right about the weather. The next morning, thunder comes, along with rain. I quietly get out of bed and change, not wanting to wake Adam. And I of course don't. He sleeps like there's no tomorrow, while I..well, I don't sleep.

I walk outside, quickly heading to the weight room. It's raining too hard for a run outside, so I find the treadmills and start running. It's a good stress reliever for me.

Although it also gives me time to think. A little too much time.

I set the pace and start running, staring at the grey wall in front of me.

You shouldn't of cried in front of Casper. I think to myself. Now everyone is curious, they want to know. Mia won't stop until she figures it out. God Archer, you had to let Casper get to you like that. Of course, he ruins everything.

I suddenly feel a presence in the room, and look to see Lydia, smiling at me. She's in a sports bra and athletic shorts, and I watch as she steps on the treadmill.

Out of the other five treadmills here, she picks the one right next to me.

"Hey." I say, realizing I'm already out of breath.

"Hey Archer." She says, putting her long blonde hair in a pony. "Running on a rainy day is nice, but not when the raindrops are like bullets."

I manage a laugh. "Yeah. Nice they added these though."

Lydia looks at me strangely, eyeing me up and down. "Aren't you hot?"

I glance down at my tshirt and athletic shorts, and I look back up at her, confused. She sighs. "I mean, guys with toned body's usually don't keep their shirt on at a gym. Care to explain?"

"Oh. I ah...I wanted to sweat more," I say, but that's a lie. My minds suddenly shifts back....

.....I watched as Mia took off her sweatshirt. "Getting pretty into it, huh?" I asked. She smiled. "How about you?" She looked at my shirt, as did I.

"Nah." Was all I said......

......Casper stared at me curiously.

"Too afraid to show it off? Or have you lost that six pack of yours?" He asked. I ignored it.....

And now Lydia is asking.

I keep my shirt on to hide the horrific scars on my body, especially my back. Although Mia knows they are there, she doesn't understand how I feel about them. I don't want people to see the ugly pink scars on my back, nor do I want them asking questions about it.

"You suck at lying, but I guess I don't need an answer." Lydia shrugs, starting to run.

You don't want the true answer, Lydia.

It's not just my back, it's the small scars that are scattered on my body. Even my rib is still a little bruised. All it does is bring back memories, memories I'm trying so hardly to forget. Although it seems like everyone reminds me of it somehow, but I know they don't mean to. They don't even know they are doing it.

"So."

"Huh?" I say, knowing I was zoned out. Lydia just smiles and shakes her head. I never really gotten to know Lydia that well. She met Mia, so was pretty much forced to meet me.