A Jump is a Jump.

I was currently at the rink, watching as Victor kept scolding the Yuri's for messing up in their skating routines. I giggle quietly to myself, thinking about how funny it was for Yuri to get yelled at. I didn't see it often. I had part of the Katsuki family for over a week now, and it was going quite well. I focused back on what was happening to see that Victor put his two students on break, saying that they were incompetent and need to work harder. He then turned his head to me and beckoned me over onto the ice.

I crept towards it like a kitten hit a few too many times. I was exceptionally nervous. Although Vitor welcomed me into his skating trio, I had no idea what was excepted of me, and whether or not I would be good enough. Once I was on the ice and skated a few loops, Victor requested for me to do a jump, in order to 'assess my skills' or so he says.

"Now, [y/n] could you try to do a triple toe loop? I saw you do one last time, and was wondering if you could do it again." 

"A triple t-toe what?" I questioned.

There was a very tense and awkward silence for a solid 30 seconds when Victor face palmed.

"You did it and didn't even know what the jump was called?!" Victor exclaimed.

"Well, I thought all jumps were pretty much the same. I just kind of go with what I feel like doing in the moment." I started fidgeting, now visibly frightened and nervous.

The three male skaters sighed, clearly disappointed in my knowledge about skating. Victor ordered Yuri to demonstrate a series of jumps, attempting to get me to tell the difference.  He was forced to repeat different jumps at least 12 times. At a certain moment in time, Yuri fell, actually fell, and said that he wasn't participating in this anymore. 

However, thanks to everyones efforts, at the end of 3 hours, i could tell apart a toe loop and an axel jump, and even replicate them with a mediocre amount of grace. My body still wasn't in its best shape from malnourishment, causing me to feel nauseous. I untied the laces on my skates and put my shoes back on. with shaky legs and tired mind, I began to walk back home, as I had now almost memorized the route to and from the rink! I was really proud of myself.

***

I had helped my mom clean the dishes and was currently in my room, reading a book. I wasn't a great reader, being in isolation for so long with little access to schooling, meaning that I had learned myself. 

I shut the book with a sigh, giving up as I ran into an unknown word for the umpteenth time. I sighed an ran a hand through my hair. I was soon startled out of my thoughts by violent coughing, something that I was not excepting. I quickly realized that it was me, me who was seemingly choking and suffocating on nothing.

I put a hand to my mouth to muffle the noise and quietly ran to the bathroom. I violently shoved the door open and knelt by the toilet. To my horror, I not only threw up, but I could taste blood mixed into the bile in my mouth. I doubled over for a second time when another wave of nausea took over my whole body. I faintly remember a comforting hand on my back and somebody holding my hair back for me. However, my vision was so blurry with spots of black, that I couldn't tell who it was. Dizziness took over, and caused me to black out.

***

I opened my eyes to a familiar ceiling, with a damp cloth on my forehead. I turned and saw my mother sitting next to me, with a very worried expression on her face. 

"This isn't the first time now, are you sure you're okay, [y/n]?" she whispered.

I nodded as a response, not trusting myself to open my mouth. She sighed and told me to rest up.

"I'll check on you again later today, try to take a nap alright?"

And just like that, I was left all alone.

Alone.

________________________________

Oh boy i don't know what the fuck I just wrote. Please don't hate me. And could I point out the number of reads this story has? Like holy shit i was not ready.

-author(san)