Cooking?

I was happily eating a full, warm meal with my new family. Or, my parents and sister because the other three had left to go ice skating. Again. Sometimes I wonder if they every do anything else... probably not.

"[y/n]....[Y/N]!"

"S-sorry what?" my voice came out so panicked, I almost kicked myself for it.

"Are you alright?" my mother looked at me with worry in her eyes, despite being her normal cheerful self.

I nodded vigorously, trying to get the attention off of me.

"Are you sure?" she questioned once more. "You look a bit pale, this whole change might be to much for, so feel free to rest if you would like to."

I gave a small smile and said, "Don't mind if I do," before cleaning up my dishes and heading back upstairs to my room. I could feel myself getting a little dizzy as I lifted my feet over and over. I could feel my breathing become labored, and soon enough I was sitting on the top step with my back against the wall.

I shut my eyes for what felt like minutes, but it must have been mere seconds. I was used to these things now, and just got up and continued to my room. After flopping on my bed, I promptly closed my eyes and fell into a black abyss.

"Oy. Oyyyy. Wake UP."

I groggily opened my eyes and saw green eyes staring into mine. I sprung up and banged my head on something.

"Ow..."

I looked to my left and saw Yuri on the floor rubbing his forehead.

"Why are you here?" I asked, suddenly protective of my space.

"Well you see, while we were both asleep everyone, according to a note, went to go a bar or some shit. Since we are both "children" we were ditched here." He ended his explanation with disgust.

"And.. why are you here?" I repeated my question, as I had not received an answer.

"I'm hungry! And.. I.. I can't cook," he looked away, clearly embarrassed. "I didn't want to burn down the house you see."

I let out a small laugh, and Yuri's expression quickly became irritated. "Sure" I said, and walked down the stairs towards the kitchen.

_______________________________

Whoops, didn't update in like forever.