Shino and Shika

Deleah: enjoy!

____________________________________

Once I was far enough away from the tea shop my two teammates found their way to my side, walking along with me as if they were always there. I shot them as small glance. Jaran was busy studying the ground while Hiso stared ahead calmly. I smirked
"so... You believe me now?" I asked teasingly. Hiso nodded while Jaran clenched his fists.
"you two seemed rather close" Hiso observed. I smiled gently at the memories.
"yes... Kakashi is a great man" i said. That was when Jaran exploded. He turned to me angrily
"what did Kakashi mean 'you don't have much time left'? And what were you two doing, cuddling like that?! The kazekage threatened to kill anyone who touches you!" he all but shouted at me. i smirked. i had expected a rather... boisterous reaction out of him. I stopped walking and turned to them, so we stood in a small triangle.

"first of all; mind your own business. Only Kakashi knows what he meant by that, and that is how it will stay. second of all; Gaara wouldn't dare hurt Kakashi, unless Kakashi hurt me first." Jarans face was becoming darker and angrier by the second. his pretty hair falling into his bright eyes as he stared at me. I shook my head slightly at him reaction.

"now, if you'll excuse me, i have people I'd like to catch up with." and without another glance, i walked away, a certain field envisioned in my mind.

I found him exactly where i thought he'd be. He jumped up when he saw me, holding a kunai in front of him lazily

"Its you?" he sighed "such drag..." i laughed. he jumped a little and watched me, checking for threat. I smirked and put my hands up in the air

"relax Shika! your always so uptight!" I teased. he smirked at me and lowered his knife slightly "I'm not armed. i'm here to set up the treaty" he nodded and pocketed the kunai. we stood in silence for a few awkward seconds before he sighed and opened his arms up to me. I smiled and ran at him, letting him hug me for a few short seconds, holding him really tight before stepping away and placing my arms on his shoulders, taking in his chunin vest. i smirked

"congrats. it seemed the only person in Konaha that didn't want to pass those wretched exams, is the only one to make the cut" i observed. his blushed slightly and scratched the back of his head nervously.

"ya... its a stupid job really" He sighed "such a drag" i laughed. and sat down, pulling him with me

"so, how've you been?"

Jaran POV

I followed Liiran even though she made it clear she didn't want us to. i didn't quite by in to her little act yet... and I could always use being a body guard as a valid excuse. she stepped into a clearing, and a guy, with spiky hair that was lying in the grass jumped up into a defensive, albeit lazy, stance. I frowned at him. didn't he know how much of a threat Liiran could be?

"its you?" he sighed "such a drag" Liiran laughed, causing me to jump as i watched her carefully.

"relax Shika! your always so uptight!" she said in a... teasing voice? he lowered his knife slightly. so his name was Shika? i resisted the urge to roll my eyes. he looked like a total loser to me.

"I'm not armed, I'm here to set up the treaty" she explained. 'Shika' nodded and pocketed the knife. they both stood in silence until Shika sighed and opened his arms. Liiran grinned and ran into his arms, giving him a quick hug, making steam go out my ears. did none of these men care for their lives? they talked a little more, and Shika blushed slightly, before Liiran pulled him to the ground where they could talk. I watched them until Liiran and him finished talking and headed their sesperate ways. Liiran walked to the training grounds, and straight up to a boy with a high collar, spiky brown hair and sun glasses and pulled him into her arms.

Shino POV

I was conversing with my bugs. they said someone I'd be pleased to see was in town, but they wouldn't say who. i was getting slightly annoyed with them when someone wrapped their arms around me in a hug. my bugs got really exited and i took a deep breath, easily realizing who it was, although unsure of what to think of it. i hesitantly wrapped my arms around her. i had never been hugged by anyone outside of my family before, especially not an attractive female. it was nice.

Liiran POV

when Shino started hugging back I almost felt like crying. almost. his warm arms wrapped around my lower back and his bugs hummed excitedly inside him. I liked the sound of him, I decided. it was nice, like being safe and surrounded. I pulled away from him and smiled happily at him

"Hey Shino" I said. he smiled, if only a little bit

"Liiran" He greeted. "I didn't expect to see you so soon... I had thought you'd been trying to make everything perfect with Gaara" He rasped. I smiled

"well... he sent me away, on a mission here, to fix up the treaty." he nodded and gestured away from the training fields

"Its late. can i interest you in dinner?" I smiled at him. I knew he wasn't trying to make a move on me. Shino just wasn't like that.

"I don't want to be a burden" I said. he shook his head.

"I insist" I nodded and smiled, holding his arm as he led me away to his home for dinner.

the moment I stepped inside the Abraume household i was overcome with the consistent hum of many insects. i smiled slightly

"sounds great in here..." I mumbled. Shino gave me a quizzical look and i smiled

"the sound of all the insects... it makes me feel very... safe" I said. he blushed a bit, shocked at my words. I knew this wasn't a typical reaction from me, and he definitely noticed. A man, i hadn't seen in the room stepped out the shadows.

"that's interesting..." He mumbled turning to Shino "who is this young lady you brought home? your girlfriend?" I looked the man over carefully. he struck a strong resemblance to Shino, or as i soon realized this was Shino's father, Shino resembled him.

"No father. She is only a friend" Shino's father looked me over carefully

"My bugs like her" he stated. i blushed a bit and held tighter to Shino's arm, he glanced at me and the message i gave him was clear. you father is making me nervous with his staring. 

"that tends to happen. I invited her for dinner" Shino responded. his father nodded once and disappeared into the shadows again, his insects humming in protest at the distance between us. Shino led me to a table in the dinning room where we both sat. i wrung my hands nervously and Shino noticed.

"what is wrong?" he asked. i smiled slightly

"sorry... its just that I have never been brought home to meet a boys family before" Shinos cheeks turned slightly pink

"It's..." he tried. i smiled

"yes, I understand its not like that, but i cant seem to forget the comparison" he smiled a tiny bit and nodded. soon after his father came in with food and we ate. when we were done Shino led me to the door.

"I'll see you later then" I said with a smile. he nodded and went to turn away but i grabbed him by his arm and pulled him in for a hug, kissing one of his cheeks lightly.

"good night" I said, and then turned and left, but not before seeing him touch his cheek and stare after me.

"Shino... he makes a promising friend" i whispered to myself.