Siren (A Gaara Love Story)

DISCLAIMER! I DON'T OWN NARUTO!!!! OR GAARA (except in his heart O.o ) LOL

this is important. I have changed the ages of some of the characters to my liking. here they are. Gaara and Liiran- 18

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Shikmaru, Shino- 16

Now, don't hate! enjoy!

the stories a little slow at first, but it gets better i promise! stick with me please!

_________________________________________________________________________________

The sun shone through my window and woke me up. Some may find the sun a pleasant thing in the morning, I found it a horrible nuisance. I rolled over to avoid the troublesome light, and felt a women's presence near me. Startled, I jumped out of bed and held my hands out in front of me, a sand kunai in my left hand, which was non dominant hand. That was  to give me an upper hand by fooling the opponent, a ninja tactic I had developed personally. Temari held her hands up in surrender. I could practically smell the fear rolling off her sweating body.

"Baki sensei wishes to see us" she mumbled, and with a final glance at my knife she ran out. I sighed and rolled out of the bed, opening the curtains, and startling my eyes awake. I pulled on my clothes, I wore short black kimono with my head band around my waist. My long black hair was in difficult knots, which i had no patience for today. I cut it off just below my elbows out of spite and glared at the long white scar that ran over my forehead, my eye and ended at my jaw. I had tattooed it over to look like a thin black lightning bolt, and yes, it was deemed intimidating.

My name you may wonder? Liiran, no last name necessary, since i belong to no family... I guess you could say i was an orphan, although i'm not certain that is the case.
I gave a final glare at my reflection and slid out the window, to lazy too use a door.... Doors are such a nuisance. I jumped from rooftop to rooftop of the village and soon arrived at the doorway of my sensei's office. I stepped in, and was not surprised to see the rest of my team was already there. I sent Kankuro, Temari and Gaara a half hearted glare. I wasn't really a fan of anyone in this village, I never was, and It probably wont ever change. I wasn't really the sociable type. I gave an informal, almost mocking bow to my 'superiors', as any 'good' ninja would say. Baki sensei explained that the chunin exams were coming and that the village had plans for it. I glanced at Temari for a second, because I knew the chunin exams were a bit of a sensitive subject for her. She saw my look, and I quickly looked straight ahead again. I smirked as Sensei told us what we we were going to do. There was no way this  plan would work, it was messy, unorganized, it didn't sound anything like one of the Kazekages diabolical plans, at all. Gaara told Baki he would 'make' it work and I snorted, shaking my head and making my dark hair falling into my eyes. Gaara glared down at me, his eyes narrowing.

"Something funny Liiran?" he asked angrily. I felt his sand slide itself up my ankles and growled, in a playful if not mocking way. The other members of the team watched in fear and worry. I knew I was the only one who could survive against Gaara's ruthless sand, and was not afraid to milk his reactions and make a show out of this.

"Not at all Gaara kun" I purred meeting his ocean blue eyes, sending him a cheeky wink. His eyes widened at the tone in my voice and then he narrowed them profusely, understanding my motives. The dark look to his eyes, suggested he didn't like that.

"Don't use that on me!" he cried out angrily, his sand now around my waist and slowly tightening. I smirked at his antics. 'That' was referring to my Kekkei Genkai; Siren. the unstoppable and deadly control over peoples love interests. Basically if I wanted someone to jump off a cliff all I would have to do is activate Siren and say something sweet. They would 'fall in love' with me and do as I asked.

"Only if you don't use that on me" I said gesturing to his sand. His eyes narrowed and he growled low in his throat, a deep rumble echoing through the still and silent room.

"I'll kill you" he said lowly. I smirked for a quarter of a second as the sand began to cover the rest of my body. I did a simple hand sign and water began to pour out of thin air, soaking me and his sand, rendering it useless. He glared and opened his mouth to speak, but instead grabbed his head in pain, trying to calm his demon down. My smirk immediately faded. These fights between Gaara and I were almost customary, nothing to get upset over. I used a little lightning heat and dried his sand with a single handsign. It returned to his gourd and he released his head looking up at me, he never smiled but I knew he was slightly grateful. I nodded and we turned back to Baki-Sensei. He sighed, tired of our antics

"we depart tomorrow" he said, giving us a look that said 'now get lost'. I bowed and we left. I was walking up the street to my home when Gaara's cold voice stopped me.

"Liiran" I slowly turned around to look at him emotionlessly

"yes?" He stepped up to me and I noticed how close he was. I didn'y like people in my space. He didn't bother me though, Gaara wasn't like that towards anyone. He met my eyes icily

"I could've killed you today" he growled. My lips twitched into a smirk

"no you couldnt've" He gave me a frustrated glare

"shukaku would-" i cut him off by placing my finger to his lips. He turned his glare to the digit and I smirked some more, he was so angry, it was almost contagious... Almost.

"Lets not dwell on the past" I mumbled. That struck a nerve as his blue green eyes snapped up to meet my golden ones. I removed my hand from his mouth and broke eye contact, not wanting to risk slipping into my Siren state mumbled "it doesn't matter anyways".

"Liiran-" he began, but he was speaking to thin air. I was already gone.