"Your mom knew what was up." He nodded before taking a turn.

"But why California, why not play for a team on the east coast?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I don't like many of the east coast teams. Besides, I just feel like I was made for the west coast." He shrugged.

"I could see you being a Californian." I nodded and he snuck a glance at me.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded.

"Shorts, tank tops, flip flops, sunglasses and sun kisses skin would suit you." I said and a smile played at my lip.

"That's how Californians dress?" He asked.

"Hmh huh, LA at least." I nodded.

"You wore tank tops and shorts?" He asked before making another turn.

"Believe it or not." I laughed.

"Tell me again why you decided to wear only long sleeves?"

"I developed a case of Ugly Elbow Syndrome." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You heard." He chuckled before sneaking a glance my way.

I nodded but a frown took over my face as the atmosphere changed.

It got saltier.

"Are we near the beach?" I asked as I sniffed.

"How did you know?" He asked and I took in a deep breath through my nose.

"Saltier air." I nodded before looking at my surroundings.

We were winding down a small road and in the distant, a beautiful home was coming into view.

"Where are we going?" I asked before turning to face Liam who had a smile on his face.

"The beach." He asked carefully and I felt excitement bubble in my stomach.

I haven't been to the beach since I was in California.

"The beach." I said quietly as he place the car in park in the driveway of the house.

"Is that okay?" He asked and I turned to face.

The huge grin on my face must've given it away that I was more than okay with it.

"Let's go." He chuckled before we stepped out of the car.

"Who's house is this?" I asked before looking up at the exterior.

It was a two story home that had a coat of light blue color painted on.

It was inviting.

"This is the family beach house. Another asset from my grandfather." Liam replied before leading me down a flight of stairs, right onto the sand.

"I haven't been to the beach in forever." I muttered before lifting up my dress to walk easier. Realizing that walking on sand with heels was impossible, I reached down and took my shoes off and held them in one hand.

"We're in Florida, the beach is everywhere." He frowned.

"Just haven't had time I guess." I shrugged.

That and the fact that my father basically forbade it. Because the last time we were at the beach together, my mother was by our side.

"Well, we have plenty of time now."  He gave me a bright smile before holding his hand out.