3: Black Bird

Sang - present day

Days turned to months that turned into years. That's how long I've been stuck in this hell hole. It's a basement with five large cages in a row against the cold cement wall. When I was first brought here all of the cages were full.

I became close with the girl in the cage next to me. Her name was Eliza and she had dyed red hair with black roots. Brown eyes that were so sad it was hard to look at them for too long.

She told me what to expect and things to do to avoid Xavier's wrath.

We were sitting down just waiting for something to happen when the door opened and down came a man. He was bald with dark eyebrows and tattoos all over. Not an ounce of fat on him, he was ripped. No shirt, he wore dark jeans with a black leather belt.

Eliza had whispered to me that that was him as she knelt on her knees with her head bent. I realized all the captives had gotten in the same position but I was still too busy taking him in.

He walked up to my cage and held on to the bars.
"What do we have here? A new pet! So pretty too."
He smiled widely at me.

Everything was quiet. All you could hear was the heavy breathing from us. I was terrified.

"This won't do. There's too many of you. Time for spring cleaning." He chuckles to himself.

"Let's see" he pursed his lips while tapping his nose with his index finger.

I couldn't believe that there was actually people like this. He was walking up and down the cages like he was shopping.

He stopped in front Eliza's cage.

"You. There's no fun left to be had with you." He says while unlocking her cage. You'd think she didn't hear him by how silent she was, never moving. That was until I saw the single tear slid down her face.

The things he did to her in front of us that night are too despicable to even think about. She's in a better place now.

I'm sitting in my cage with nothing but a dirty large shirt on and a bandage on my arm where Xavier got a little too knife happy. I was thinking about how my life had gotten to this point when I hear a large commotion coming from outside of the basement door.

I get closer to the bars to see if I can hear anything else and that's when the door bursts open.

There's a man being held by four other men and he is putting up quite the fight. I can't get a really good look at him since it's quite dark in here but I know he is huge. Easily 6'3 ft tall and a large amount of muscle can be seen on him.

He looks like he is about to win against Xavier's lackeys until someone else approaches and jabs him with a needle to the neck. After a few more loud curses and hits he finally goes limp.

I watch as Greg, he's one of Xavier's little bitches, unlocks the cage next to mine. He constantly taunts and messes with me. Oh the daydreams I have had of killing him.

They drag the man into the cage and dump in the middle of it. Greg comes up to my cage and looks me up and down.

"Saaaaang, Xavier wants to play soon. Aren't you looking forward to the bath I get to give you." He says.

I only get to bathe when Xavier wants to spend time with me. They don't trust me by myself so they have a small tub in the corner of the room that I have to wash in. It's humiliating but I'm used to it now.

Just a few more days before I can put my plan into motion. I can feel myself smile in anticipation. I'm going to burn this place to the ground. I rather become a Soulless than spend another day here.

Greg looks at me with a bit of fear when he sees me smile at him. I know my eyes are cold and dead I probably look insane to him. I don't speak to them. I've learned that saying anything is not worth the pain I get when they punish me.

"Fucking freak. Good thing you're hot or you'd be dead by now." He sneers at me. I can tell I'm freaking him out when my smile widens. I'm going to enjoy killing him.

Im left alone finally and take the opportunity to study my new neighbor. He's laid out on his back and his limbs laid out in an awkward position. That doesn't look comfortable.

Getting closer to him I get a better look at him and my breath catches. He's beautiful in a rough sort of way. Black hair that's long on top and short on the sides. Tan skin and strong features with full lips that has a piercing on the bottom lip.

He is covered in tattoos from his arms to his stomach and chest. They stripped him beforehand so he's only in his boxer briefs. His body is perfect.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" A gruff voice says in an accent I can't place.

My eyes flash to his in shock and I'm met with dark brown eyes. I bite my lip in embarrassment and hope that I'm not blushing.

With nothing to say in response I keep quiet. He stares at me for a long moment.

"What's going on here, little bird? Tell me what you know about this place."

I'm silent for a bit before I respond. "This is hell and Xavier is the devil." My voice cracking from it being so unused.

I sneak a look at the man and he has a contemplative look on his face.

"I'm getting out of here and you're going to help me."

Taken aback by his bluntness but I can feel the anger rising within me. I'm the one with the perfect plan and if he messes this up for me I can't be held accountable for my actions.

"You will do no such thing. You will not ruin my escape plan but play nice and maybe I'll take you with me." I growl out at him.

He seems shocked at first before his mouth begins to curl up.

"Good to see you have a backbone, little bird. You're going to need it. My names Raven."