2: D the Ax Psycho

"My family started going crazy. My dad tried to bite me then Derrick got an ax and hit him with it and I freaked out! I didn't know what to do so I started running to you. I didn't have anywhere else to go!" She rushed out.

She grabbed my hands after that and said that I was her family. That we had to stick together no matter what.

After that she stayed with us ever since that moment. She rarely spoke of her brother. I know she felt guilty for leaving him when he was just trying to protect her.

A year had passed and we were quickly running out of food. We needed supplies fast or we weren't going to survive. There was no technology about five months after the virus hit everything had blacked out.

I don't think we will ever get back to what we had before. If we do it probably won't ever be in my lifetime.

My father decided that he would go and scavenge as much as he could. I wanted to go with him but he told me to take care of Danielle and Sam.

"I'll come back Sang. Don't worry about me. I love you." My father said in his gruff voice.

That was the last time I saw him.

It was a month after that we decided we couldn't stay there anymore without any food. We would starve to death.

We got three backpacks and filled them as much as possible with clothing and other things we needed.

My little brother with his green eyes and light brown hair. He needed a haircut soon. He had such a carefree aura. Anyone in his proximity would instantly relax.

Danielle had her long dark hair in a ponytail her hazel eyes filled with excitement. She had been wanting to leave this house for a long time. I never knew why until it was too late.

We walked and scavenged for about three months before we found an abandoned house in the woods. Throughout this time I noticed my feelings changing for Danielle. I wasn't sure if it was because I was a hormonal teenager but I had always found girls and boys attractive. There wasn't any time to actually explore that part of myself.

I think she started to realize it and began to feel the same for me. One night we were sitting by the fire next to our temporary home. She only had on a white tank top and black panties on. She was beautiful.

The light from the fire was hitting her just right. She looked up from poking at the fire and saw me staring at her. She was smirking when she came and sat next to me.

I couldn't help but fidget.

"Am I making you nervous, sang?" She whispered while her fingers ghosted over my hand.

She got even closer to me and that's when I asked her what she was doing. She slid her fingers over my cheek before putting them into my hair. She brought her face down to mine and whispered "this" before brushing her lips over mine. That's when I knew I was falling in love with her.

We played house for a year before it happened.

I was walking with Sam back to the house when I heard her scream. Not sure what was happening and not wanting Sam to get hurt I told him to run.

"Go Sam. Climb up our tree and stay there. Don't come down no matter what you see or hear. Do you understand me?" I urgently asked him.

He was shaking he was so scared. My little brother didn't deserve this life he was living now. He deserved so much more. He nodded that he understood.

"I love you, Sam."

"I love you too, Sang."

I took a deep breath and exhaled it as I watched him run back into the woods.

Not knowing what to expect I took out my hunting knife and slowly crept around the house. What I saw made my blood run cold.

A man was holding Danielle by her hair with a knife to her throat.

"Sang!" She cried "please help me."

I ran at the man to attack him when someone grabbed me and put a gun to my head.

"Don't move." He growled into my ear.

The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't think of who it was until Danielle gasped.

"Derrick?!"

Not loosening his grip on me he told the other man to let Danielle go. Not questioning Derrick the man let her go and she went up to Derrick.

"What's going on? I'm so sorry for running out Derrick I was scared and so confused."

"I already forgave you Danielle. Don't worry about it. I've been searching for you."

Danielle looked so happy when he said that. Happier than she ever did with me. Her eyes slide back to me and she grimaced.

"Can you let Sang go?"

Derrick didn't though if anything his hold got tighter.

"We can't come back empty handed, Danielle. I can say that you're my sister and nothing will happen to you but I can't do that for her. Someone needs to be taken in."

"Hey Derrick theres boy clothes here. Someone else lives here." The other man said.

I could feel my eyes bulge out in panic and I looked pleadingly at Danielle to not say anything about Sam. Oh please no. I didn't care what happened to me as long as they didn't touch Sam.

She looked at the both of them and said that there was a little boy but he had gotten bit and we had to put him down. I couldn't help the relieved look on my face.

That was last nice thing she ever did for me.

"Where are you bringing us D?"

"I work for a man that keeps people in check. He takes care of his loyal friends. I am one of them but he has particular taste that only pretty young girls and boys can satisfy." He said while he pressed himself against me.

I had it in my head the whole way through the woods while Danielle was being chummy with my captives that she was going to help me. That she was being nice but thinking of a way for us to escape. I was still thinking that when I was locked into a cage.

I stopped thinking that when she fucked the boss right in front of me. I lost hope when she watched him torture me and laughed. Fear and change can make people do things that they would have never done before. That's what I think happened to Danielle. She didn't get stronger she got weaker. She changed for the worse.

I would be there, hopeless, for two more years before I devised the perfect plan to escape.