Introduction

Hi!

Some of you know me. Some of you don't. I'm the creative mind behind this story.

This story is different from my werewolf stuff. It's action packed! It's got a good guy and a bad guy. It's got a good twin and an evil twin. It's got a variation of Jekyll and Hyde...only not so extreme.

On the serious note, this story is about sexy cops and sexier criminals. It's got aggressive scenes. It's got some mild language. I can only cuss so much before I get a headache. I only use cussing to get a point across.

Unfortunately, my sexy agent has a tendency to use cuss words a lot.

If and when there is mature content, you will be warned before-hand. I'll leave a note at the beginning of the chapter.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy this read.

For those of you who've bothered to read this up to here. Thank you. Please show your support by voting and give me your input with your comments. I read each and every one and I do respond to most of them, those that demand a response.

P.S. This story, unlike my other stories, is written in third person limited. It will shift regularly between Alex and Kelsey. If I decide to tell it in another perspective, I will make it very clear and I'll also make it very clear whose POV I'm writing in when Alex and Kelsey are together

For those of you that don't know, third person limited tells the story in third person, only sharing one character's thoughts and opinions. The dialogue will be normal.

Okay, now, enjoy!

"People you trust tend to betray you more often than not."

Kelsey Winters had always been an introvert. She was what most people categorized as average. A mathematics professor at Long Beach, she hardly spent a lot of time doing things between her lectures, grading papers, and reading saucy romance novels under the covers of her small apartment. She never expected much of it to change. Nobody was interested in her and she was never really interested in people. Her brash, upfront nature, in fact, tended to scare people away. Unlike her twin sister, Kara, she was always the one who ended up in some corner of the room in any party.

Agent Alex Diaz has been trailing Caleb Rocha and his girlfriend for nearly six months. He's only got photos of Rocha. When facial recognition finally pulls up a match for the girlfriend, Alex gets his team together and goes after her.

But the last thing Alex expected was a scrawny, vegetarian professor who attacked federal agents with a chubby black cat.